Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as an EHS Specialist.
This role is well suited
to an ambitious professional looking for the next step in your career. As an EHS Specialist you will be responsible for:
- Serve as an active member of the site’s leadership team by participating in team initiatives and providing EHS updates/recommendations for improvement to the team on a continuous basis.
- Influence others to cultivate a positive safety culture.
- Oversee the EHS Management System (ISO 45001 requirements) and EHS programs at the sites.
- Develop and track leading indicator EHS metrics to demonstrate improvements in the management system.
- Work closely with the site organization to assure compliance with legal requirements and to drive environmental performance.
- Interface with EHS regulatory agencies for permitting, reporting and inspections.
- Drive Health Management initiatives to improve employee wellness.
- Case manage work related injuries.
- Respond to any urgent EHS issues related to the sites and projects.
- Enter new close calls submitted into the Open Close Call Tracker/submit work orders as needed. Visually inspect and close out completed close calls.
- Conduct miscellaneous EHS departmental tasks as requested.
- Update Monthly EHS Metrics.
- Update Site EHS Targets & Objective Tracker.
Bachelor of Science preferably in Occupational Safety and/or Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science or other closely related field.
Minimum 3-5 years of experience in this field.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.