DevOps Security Engineer
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital World of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds.
- Provide subject matter expertise applying security concepts within a software development environment
- Developing security standards for automating security within DevOps development processes
- Safeguard information system assets by identifying and solving security problems facing the software development environment
- Implements security improvements by assessing current situation; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements
- Work closely with other cross-functional groups; Product Engineers, Cyber Ops Analysis’s, Solution Architects, and Developers
- Helps management interpret operational impacts of security mandates
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications
- Collaborates with other security teams within Siemens to execute companywide initiatives
- Keep up to date with the latest security and technology developments
- Research/evaluate emerging cyber security threats and ways to manage them
- Design new security systems or upgrade existing ones
- Liaise with stakeholders in relation to cyber security issues and provide future recommendations
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Extensive Experience developing security concepts for Linux systems and containers
- Vulnerability Management Development within a software development process
- Proficient in at least one modern programing/scripting language (preferably python)
- Proficiency in endpoint security stack design: Anti-Virus\HIPS, EDR, Hardening Technique
- Expertise in designing secure networks, systems and application architectures
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- DevSecOps design and automation a plus
- Knowledge of cloud native security tools and processes a plus
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent education or work experience
- 5+ years of prior relevant experience
- Hold at least one advanced certification such as SANS GCUX/GPEN or ISC2 CISSP
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.