Siemens Smart Infrastructure are seeking a Senior Technical Support Engineer. You will work collaboratively with clients/users, the development team in Europe, and various stakeholders throughout the company. You will ensure that all technical matters relating to design, product training, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of all the products supplied are delivered in an efficient, effective, timely and safe manner.
The market for EV charging products and installation is a high growth area within the UK. Siemens are in an enviable position with our Product Portfolio to take advantage of the market. We are currently seeing significant growth in the area and this role will ensure the continued expansion of Siemens' market share.
We are open to applications from
anywhere in mainland UK, this role will offer flexible working, with a
combination of remote working, office working and travel to customer sites as
What part will you play?
· Manage the Technical Support functions for all hardware products supplied by the company. Manage the onboarding process of new customers using our back-office platform.
· Be the go to person for the UK team for all back office software issues and queries & Nationwide on site support as required. Deep dive and drill into EVSE via back office software to investigate, troubleshoot, resolve, document and record issues raised by internal and external partners and Support CPO (Charge Point Operator) Clients with technical issues.
· Ensure all Siemens and third party equipment meets current and emerging UK standards. This includes the product itself plus the installation, commissioning and maintenance method. Raising monthly analysis reports on failure trends, installation issues and installer feedback in accordance with routine and ad-hoc reporting requirements.
· Improve the effectiveness of the Company's communication to both internal and external partners on solutions to technical issues and support UK Sales Teams on Technical pitches to customers. Provide support to internal and external partners on the processes and procedures on achieving and maximising the functions of the back-office software.
· Provide product support and other technical support functions to the supply chain in the most efficient manner for all concerned. Provide technical support to the operations department and the wider team. Provide relevant technical information to Operations staff to enable proper operation and maintenance of EV charging equipment.
· Take an active role in the "Installer Product Training" sessions to internal and external partners across both hardware and software.
What will you bring to the role?
· Experience working in the Electric Vehicle sector and working knowledge of the EV Electrical Infrastructures is essential
· Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
· Working with various customers including OEM’S and Understanding of Back-Office platforms With general knowledge of OCPP, OCPI and API's
· Significant experience working in Information Technology field & Solid working knowledge in all required software and programming languages.
· Be Self-Motivated with a can-do attitude, combining with a proactive approach to problem solving, a hands-on approach as well as being both practically minded and capable of completing the task in hand.
· Ability to work in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment
· Exceptional communication and reporting skills
· Fully familiar and qualified to the latest BS7671
· IEC 61851, ISO 15118 – understanding process between vehicle and EVSE
· OCPP, OCPI – understanding back office protocols
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here: [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html] or contact the recruiter.
compensation package includes a competitive salary, company car, annual bonus,
26 days holiday allowance,
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time