Mobility in the United States is in the middle of a technological revolution. Siemens Mobility Inc., Intelligent Traffic Systems (ITS) is a partner to agencies and companies in their transformation combining existing infrastructure with forward-looking, application-driven technology that meets tomorrow’s needs today.
We at ITS help make agencies smarter by providing a path to a tailor-made transportation ecosystem that is more digital, connected, and integrated and deliver solutions in the areas of Central and Adaptive Control, Advanced Traffic Management, and Smart Lighting. Also providing Connected Vehicle solutions (V2I) and Mobility-as-a-Service – we are at the forefront of Smart Cities Mobility solutions.
In this exciting environment an opportunity is available for a motivated Traffic Engineer to join our project team. Initially you will support the controller data migration and testing team in their work and help fine tuning the related engineering and test processes process. During this time, which is anticipated to about 6 months, you will start with your learning process on the Siemens SCOOT system and, depending on the actual demand, thereafter transition to your role as a Traffic Engineer for SCOOT deployment. The role will include continue to include some responsibilities to support other engineering tasks as well as on-call systems support.
Siemens Mobility is seeking a Traffic Engineer to join our project team in Miami, Florida. Successful candidates will have spent at least 5 years in Traffic Engineering and infrastructure projects preferably in the State of Florida.
The engineer conducts traffic engineering studies, drafts traffic signal timings, develops engineered solutions, and address traffic safety & operational challenges that affect motorists, pedestrians and bicyclists. Other duties include project work, field data review, and development of realistic & innovative cost-effective solutions. The engineer provides reports with recommended solutions, and cost options and provides plan reviews for traffic engineering components for proposed ITS infrastructure and maintenance plans.
The Engineer supports execution of ITS projects and prepares responses to Traffic Engineering & operational issues that arise during project planning, execution and service and maintenance activities.
Candidate will be a part of an Engineering team during project implementation. The role requires a proven track record of solid technical, organizational, and communication skills and as well as professional engineering experience in the ITS industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil / Transportation Engineering or equivalent
- Five (3) years of experience in working
- Outstanding technical, communication and interpersonal skills
- P.E. license
- Work with different internal departments (Sales, Project Management, R&D, Product Management, Procurement, Legal and Field Operations) and external partners to successfully deliver projects based on customer requirements
- Perform ITS software and hardware deployment and integration tasks such as traffic planning, design and engineering activities for including controller and central software, adaptive control solutions and connected vehicle (V2I) applications
- Develop traffic signal timing plans for coordinated and isolated intersections
- Contribute to the programming of traffic signal controllers to download/upload and modify signal timing plans
- Provide local testing of new databases and validate operations in the field
- Monitor and troubleshoot traffic signal operations and devices including loops, microware, radar and video
- Provide timing expertise and optimize adaptive settings
- Perform testing and commissioning activities
- Perform corridor analysis, program and manage adaptive system corridors
- Provide guidance and technical problem analysis to the team members
- Prepare presentations and arrange meetings with the client in order to explain the various parameters, provide technical clarifications and ultimately convince that it is the best fit-for-purpose solution
- Contribute to the requirements, configuration and change management
- Understand and manage regulating authorities’ and code requirements, as well as other industry-specific requirements, standards, and guidelines
- Prepare, participate and perform training/development plans and activities up to teaching complete classes internally and externally
- Ensure proper filing/storage of engineering documentation – e.g. drawings, version history, scope documents, RFI's
- Identify opportunities and risks
- Report on the progress of the activities (technical functions, approval, customer acceptance)
- Act as an expert and consultant to improve concepts, methods, and processes
- Excel with a dynamic team in a highly collaborative environment
Siemens recognizes that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We therefore strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.