- Job involves typically working indoors, being assigned to any of the different shifts, occasionally lifting heavy materials, wearing common safety equipment (e.g. cut resistant gloves and sleeves, safety shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs, etc.) being exposed to loud noises and the possibility of bumps, cuts, scrapes, and strains.
- The following are behaviors essential to being successful in this job.
- Ability to promote and ensure a safe work environment; identifies, communicates, and eliminates hazards encountered during regular course of work.
- Focused on meeting or exceeding the level of excellence of products, services, and work activities–measured against pre-set standards; able to identify flaws and take corrective action.
- Willingly assists others by offering guidance, sharing knowledge, teaching skills, or directly performing a task in order to help out. Puts team objectives ahead of personal interests.
- Willingly accepts organizational changes and responds to changes with appropriate urgency and actions. Reacts to anger, frustration, and disappointment constructively (i.e. finding humor in situations; finding solutions to problems, using relaxation techniques; etc.).
- The ability to tackle a problem or task using a logical and systematic approach.
- Ability to think in three dimension; being able to mentally generate, rotate, and transform visual images.
- Operates tools and equipment common to the material handling trade (e.g. manual and powered sit-down and stand-up industrial trucks).
- Pulls packaged and palletized parts from Lighting Panels for shipment.
- Completes final confirmations and delivery documentation through SAP data management system.
- Reads Bill of materials (BOM) to prepare unit packs (Cans and Fronts into same packaging).
- Operates shrink wrapping machine to secure package material.
- Ensures packing slips and required shipping documentation is included on packaging.
- Load packaged product onto trailers.
- Cleans and maintains equipment, work area and back yard shipping area to ensure proper functioning and safe working conditions.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Must be able to reach, grasp, lift 50 lbs, and push/pull/slide heavy material
- Must be able to make coordinated movements of the hands and arms to grasp and move objects.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, squat, crawl, and climb
- Performs other work as directed by Supervision
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.