The US Immigration Specialist in the Global Mobility department will partner with HR Business Partners and Managers to support the immigration needs of all the businesses and provide immigration guidance across Siemens US. The Immigration Advisor will handle visa, track all case files and keep them moving through the process in a timely manner while utilizing the immigration vendor. In addition, the Immigration Specialist will educate the businesses and will develop best practices to improve our level of service and efficiency.What are my responsibilities?
- Support the US-inbound immigration needs of all the sectors across the enterprise, file casework with the vendor, maintaining their visa status and where applicable managing the permanent residency process.
- Partner with HR to maintain compliance with immigration law. Where applicable, support filing new visa petition in line with associated change(s).
- Serve as the immigration consultant for each segment and provide strategic solutions, working with outside counsel for more complex cases.
- Advise key stakeholders on US immigration regulation, alerts, updates, procedures etc to support the business in their headcount planning.
- Develop and leverage external network to stay on top of US immigration updates and trends in order to benchmark and develop alternative solutions to immigration challenges.
- Monthly invoicing for outside vendors
- Maintain monthly billing Excel spreadsheets & status reports
- Evaluate current Siemens immigration processes, suggesting improvements where needed to improve operational objectives.
- Maintain centralized immigration folders on all visa and Green Card cases.
- Proactively communicate with employees and other relevant contacts regarding the status of their visa cases and extensions.
- Create and provide immigration training presentations to interested parties.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain high standards for all work performed.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Minimum of 2 to 7 plus years of directly related experience in the immigration field and with processing of US work visas
- Solid knowledge and understanding of all types of US work visa categories and in depth understanding of employment based green card process
- Must be highly organized and possess a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Collaborative professional with great relationship and communication skills.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of people, including Human Resources, Legal, Global Mobility, Recruiting, Hiring Managers, and candidates from countries throughout the world, as well as their families.
- International work experiences a plus.
- Competitive compensation based on qualifications
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage, first day of employment
- Matching 401(k) (immediate employer match)
- Competitive paid time off plan, paid holidays, and floating holidays
- Career development opportunities
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Flexibility to work remote
- Paid parental leave
** Relocation assistance is available for those candidates who are not local **
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.