Do you want to help create the future of healthcare? Our name, Siemens Healthineers, was selected to honor our people who dedicate their energy and passion to this cause. It reflects their pioneering spirit combined with our long history of engineering in the ever-evolving healthcare industry.
Then come and join our global team as Software Developer (f/m/d) for angiography systems to drive forward the latest robot-assisted therapy applications for Advanced Therapies in the healthcare growth market as part of an agile, cross-functional team.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- As part of an international, virtual team, you are responsible for embedded software components for integrating a remote-controlled, robot-assisted therapy application in interventional radiology
- Working independently, you assess our complex customer requirements and drive forward the implementation of new solution approaches through efficient prototype development
- You collaborate closely with different department units and coordinate internal/external suppliers in the system integration of your components
- You are responsible for the quality of the product, providing troubleshooting support to production, customer service and the test center
- You assist in drawing up a roadmap for the architecture and design of the product
- You are interested in the latest technology developments and development standards, contributing your innovative ideas as prototypes and developing them through to the series maturity of new functionalities
To find out more about the specific business, have a look at Angiography
Your qualifications and experience:
- You have a master's degree in information technology or a comparable discipline
- You have several years of professional experience in the field of software development for embedded software systems
- Experience in the industrial IoT environment or a comparable field would be advantageous
- You have an impressive knowledge of software development using the C and C++ programming languages and the concepts of OOAD
- You have already successfully implemented projects in the technology field of industrial controls (e.g. Siemens SINUMERIK with Profinet or comparable), including functions in safety-related control systems according to IEC 61508 or related standards
- You are familiar with various network technologies (e.g. TCP/IP, Profinet, TSN, OPC-UA, etc.), enabling you to assist in the conceptual development of solution approaches involving these technologies
- Ideally, you have already worked in a medical environment or in a different field with comparable requirements, and are familiar with the applicable standards and regulatory requirements in this field
Your attributes and skills:
- At the personal level, you impress others with your structured and results-oriented approach, which is underpinned by high quality standards
- Your strong decision-making competence and outstanding communication skills make you well-suited for this role, which requires you to work independently
- Your willingness to actively tread new paths enables you to continuously expand your area of responsibility in a cross-functional team
- Your ability to communicate in English means you are able to operate successfully in an international environment; a good knowledge of German would be an advantage
Our global team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company. 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services.
Our culture embraces different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge convention. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we invite you to take on new challenges, test your ideas, and celebrate success.
Check our Careers Site at https://www.siemens-healthineers.com/de/careers
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from individuals with disabilities.
Wish to find out more before applying? Contact us: +49 (9131) / 17 – 1717, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Simone Morgenstern.
We care about your data privacy and take compliance with GDPR as well as other data protection legislation seriously. For this reason, we ask you not to send us your CV or resume by email. We ask instead that you create a profile in our talent community where you can upload your CV. Setting up a profile lets us know you are interested in career opportunities with us and makes it easy for us to send you an alert when relevant positions become open. Click here to get started.
Siemens Healthineers Germany was awarded the Great Place to Work® certificate.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time