Digital Value Creator.
During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and wellbeing of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they strive to understand what drives our customers. What is their environment or user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories.
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to our portfolio to integrate ground-breaking future technologies.
The software support engineer will be part of a small software development group based in the Siemens offices in Cambridge, UK. Our products – the D-Cubed Components – are at the heart of the algorithms that enable modern engineering design practices on mobile, desktop and cloud platforms. These are used in a wide range of CAD (Computer Aided Design) and other related applications on platforms ranging from cloud services, workstations and laptops to mobile devices.
Our support engineers are the link between our development teams and our customers, typically also development teams themselves. They create and maintain the example code, training material and documentation for the products; respond to daily queries and issues reported by the customers; and work with them to identify how to get the best out of our components for their particularly application needs. They are also closely involved in planning the future developments of our products.
Change the future with us.
- Work with customers from a wide range of software in all engineering fields to interpret their needs and advance the state of the art of CAD software.
- Generate fault reports, verify issues and write regression tests, working to maintain our excellent customer experience.
- Analyse and explain issues arising with geometric software, using a mathematical, problem solving approach.
- Manage the delivery of software updates to meet customer deadlines, working with the customers and development teams to balance maintenance loads and prioritise cases.
- Help refine and implement our DevOps systems to support the software development lifecycle.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- Educated to degree or above in a STEM subject
- Experience in programming, ideally C/C++ or similar – commercial or significant educational. Knowledge of scripting languages.
- Familiarity with a range of operating systems such as Windows, Linux, iOS and Android.
- Good written communication, particularly technical – e..g dissertations, software documentation. Verbal communication – experience delivering training material an advantage.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens. Make real what matters.
At Siemens, everyone can bring their whole self to work.
This is why we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour,
national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are
provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other
benefits and privileges of employment.
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time