Siemens Mobility are currently recruiting for a Technical Engineer for our Rolling Stock business to be based out of our Glasgow Rail Depot. You will report to the Technical Manager and provide technical engineering capability at the local depot level. In this role, you will be generating solutions for identified technical issues and customer variation enquiries, providing up to date maintenance instructions by responding to technical documentation enquiries and provide technical guidance to the depot production teams. You will also undertake mentoring and coaching of maintenance technicians within the team.
Technical Engineer (You)
- Complete engineering issues and tasks allocated through the Technical Issues database
- Support discussions with suppliers as required to exchange technical failure information and potential solutions
- Develop and document solutions to address and improve safety, reliability, and availability
- Develop solutions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of maintenance via review and update of Vehicle Maintenance Instructions (VMIs) and Procedures (VMPs)
- Develop cost effective solutions in line with relevant national and railway industry safety standards
- Support the production of change control documentation for trials and modifications to implement solutions and eradicate technical problems identified
- Work with production to feedback and cascade knowledge to the production teams
- Work with the training department to develop training material and deliver training where applicable
- Assist other team members with the development of technical skills through coaching
- Support the audit process through the assessment, prioritization and categorization of issues raised either for support by Siemens Technical Services and/or Siemens Fleet integrity
What qualifications and experience do you need?
- Qualification or relevant experience in electrical or mechanical engineering
- Experience in a railway / rolling stock environment is preferred but not essential as full training will be given
- Knowledge of railway maintenance techniques and procedures would be advantageous
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings, systematic fault finding and problem identification
- Ability to analyze fault diagnostic systems
- Good knowledge of IT systems and software
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time