Job title: Software Engineer (Test Automation Development)
Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019 with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand!
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS), team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Implements innovative Products and Solution Development processes and tools by utilizing his/her expertise in the field of responsibility.
- Professional experience developing automation to support CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Deployment) pipelines is strongly desired.
- Writing unit, regression and load tests in GHERKIN and implementing GHERKIN-based acceptance criteria/testing criteria is strongly desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills - good at presenting and detailing technical information and describing implementations.
- Well-organized, quick learner with a strong technical capability and an aim to improve a system’s reliability and optimize delivery of new capabilities, Enable continuous delivery of features.
- Work closely with software engineers and product owners to ensure that all scenarios for a given feature set are accurately defined and well understood.
- Confirmed technical interpersonal skills with business partners and another engineer team.
- Have the aim to become a specialist in emerging test automation technologies.
- Encourage a strong desire to automate all repetitive and repeatable testing activities, Experience working on an agile multi-functional team.
- You must have BE / B.Tech / MCA / ME / M.Tech qualification with 3 years of confirmed ability?
- Experience in research and development processes (Software based solutions and products) in commercial topics; in implementation of strategies
- Design, develop, and execute automated tests for our CI/CD pipeline that allow for detailed functional, integration and regression testing of deployments using Selenium or Protector.
- Experience in authoritative functions like Software Testing and Architecture, International experience with global projects and collaboration with intercultural.
- Good in writing scripts in Python, Type script, VB script and Should understand UI skills like Angular 2 and above, Type Script, HTML, D3/React, CSS
- Good experience in of Database Concepts SQL and NoSQL, automating and validating data to ensure data quality, Good to have ETL process and Semantic web-based application.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Find out more about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time