We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Join our team of about 293 000 colleagues around the globe and help us creating environments that care.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Switzerland. Our Digital Buildings Data Analytics team is looking for an enthusiastic Software/Data Engineer who is eager to put his/her passion into running our data analytics environment and to play with building data from all over the world. You will work with a passionate team of data scientists, engineers, architects and product managers to build tomorrow’s data-driven building products. The position is located in Zug, Switzerland, where an engaged and multinational community will happily introduce you to our dynamic, global environment. In this role you can work partly from home and partly from the office. The position has the potential to be a full time role in the coming years.
Your new responsibilities
- Implement and maintain our data pipelines ingesting data from various data sources and products (e.g., streaming IoT data)
- Take responsibility for the extension and maintenance of our data analytics platform, of which the data pipelines are a central part.
- The core of this job are data engineering and software engineering, however the job is located within a global data science environment
- Work closely with global, cross-functional teams like Architects, Data Scientists, DevOps and Product Managers to understand and implement the solution and data requirements
- Track the implementation, drive the integration across various departments, and monitor the usage of data analytics products
- Make sure the numerous APIs are well maintained, test and validate the environment with end-users
- Support the team head or other colleagues in upcoming daily tasks where necessary
Your skills and experience
- Experience and willingness to explore big data pipeline and compute tooling such as Luigi, Airflow, Beam, Spark, Databricks. When it comes to methodologies, knowledge of agile software development processes would be highly valued
- A University degree in Computer Science or a comparable education, we are flexible as long as a high quality of code is ensured
- The scenario in our team needs an early starter, bringing along a few years of professional experience in software engineering, ideally with Python, alternatively with Scala, or C#
- As you will be working with these from day one, familiarity with AWS services beyond EC2 (e.g., Fargate, Batch, RDS, SageMaker) is something we expect from applicants
- You have the right attitude, allowing you to navigate within a complex global organization and getting things done. We need a person with an absolute willingness to support the team, a proactive and stress-resistant personality
- There are a lot of learning opportunities for our new team member. An openness to learn about data analytics (including AI) offerings is part of your motivation
- Business fluency in English
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland, and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity enriches our company and gives us a competitive advantage.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Either