Siemens Government Technologies is seeking a System Specialist for Technical Services who will be responsible for the successful support of an electronic building automation system (BAS) managed services project for a U.S. Government customer at Albuquerque, NM.
This is a permanent position that will comprise a mix of managed services and BAS programming work in support of a long term and progressive government customer.
- Using the Siemens system to perform programming, collecting data trends, building reports, creating graphics, creating dashboards, calibrating devices, performing diagnostics, performing data transfer testing, reporting energy usage, performing commissioning/retro-commissioning, performing building energy audits, validating building energy models, and using the system to improve energy efficiency
- in semi-complex engineering related studies, processes, designs, inspections and/or quality audits
- the gathering, recording and maintaining engineering specific information
- in semi-complex specification development or preparation
- Perform quality control functions related to the maintenance of PPCL programs, database, graphics, alarms, the startup and commissioning of Apogee BAS systems
- Perform root cause analysis of BAS equipment malfunctions including field wiring and sensor troubleshooting and repair, MBC and PXC modifications, sensor replacement, component reprograming, and troubleshooting of P1 and P2 trunks
- the preparation of semi-complex charts, graphs and diagrams to illustrate various engineering procedures
- in assembling semi-complex prototypes and ensures proper interaction of components
- in documenting semi-complex internal engineering procedures via simple text, charts, graphs, and diagrams
- Provide monthly updates to SGT management and government customers on work performed, plans, budget, maintenance scheduling, project financials, staffing forecasts and overall project status
- Define project goals, key performance indicators (KPIs), and identify future and current technical expertise needed in collaboration with business users and stakeholders
- rain junior BAS maintenance personnel on the proper methodologies and procedures to maintain BAS equipment in accordance with manufacturer instructions
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance
- Shall have a minimum of 7- 10 years of experience with complex facility control systems with a minimum of (5) five years of experience in Siemens Control Systems hardware and software
- (3+) years’ experience creating PPCL programs, database, graphics, alarms, field wiring and sensor troubleshooting, MBC and PXC modifications, sensor replacement, component reprograming, and troubleshooting P1 and P2 trunks
- (3+) years’ experience with working controls knowledge of chiller plants, complex fan systems, laboratories, and cleanrooms
- Experience in identifying and implementing cost savings measures within services projects
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, building drawings and technical descriptions
- Ability to effectively communicate progress, status and issues to internal and external customers
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to exercise patience, strong problem-solving skills, excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to perform inspection of work and speak to its status at any given time
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written with an understanding of phone etiquette
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Current Secret or L Clearance
- Additional certifications as an installer or operator from Honeywell, Niagara, Johnson Controls, Automated Logic, Carrier, Schneider, etc
- Siemens factory training on “Insight”, “Design” software, and TEC startup and troubleshooting.
- Experience in the field of Energy Engineering and possesses current CEM
- Holds a Professional Engineering (PE) License
- Experience with performing energy calculations and analysis
- Experience with using BAS systems to perform Retro-Commissioning
- Experience with electric, gas, and BTU metering
- Experience with US Federal Government projects, contracts, policies and procedures
· Candidate must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.