As one of the most innovative and influential players in medical devices, we offer ambitious students the chance to help shape the future of healthcare. Discover what you are capable of and join the Apprenticeship Programme at our Diagnostic Imaging business in Sudbury. Over the course of your apprenticeship, you’ll gain skills through on the job and formal training at college. Over time, you’ll take on more responsibility and accountability as your skills, knowledge and expertise increases.
Fantastic challenge for any student to enter the world of Siemens medical devices and understand the world of manufacturing in accordance to FDA regulations. This apprenticeship will allow the candidate to work with the Operations teams across all Siemens Sudbury facilities and have a good understanding of all aspects of the company departments.
You’ll need to be available to begin this apprenticeship in September 2021 and will complete a 14-month Level 4 Leadership and Management, Improvement Practitioner or Associate Project Manager apprenticeship. We are looking for people who want to make a difference and who have a keen interest in Leadership and would like to progress into a Team Leader position.
Your mission and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Production manager you will be expected to understand and:
· Follow the sites Ergonomic, Health and Safety policy· Demonstrate Lean/continuous improvement actions and participate in Kaizen events for the site delivering sustainable savings.
· Demonstrate Siemens Quality Policy and systems how to write Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA’s) in the event of a non-conformance.
· Develop a brief understanding of key departments within Siemens Healthineers and develop a broad range of essential skills and knowledge.
· Demonstrate how to manufacture products
· Explain how products function
· Support the introduction of all new instruments, processes and equipment
· Demonstrate how to project manage a project to completion
· Demonstrate continuous improvement mindset
You will have the ability to develop your business competences and functional knowledge including:· Learn how to lead a meeting and develop project management skills
· Maintain quality awareness
· Identifying potential opportunities, diagnose issues, propose solutions
Your qualification and experience:
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A customer focused mind-set and approach
- Have a desire to develop skills in management
- Demonstrate a strong interest in digitalisation
- Enjoys collaborating and can work effectively in teams to find innovative solutions
- Be a confident communicator across all levels as well as take initiative for tasks
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
You must have:
- Achieved or be on track to achieve 3 A Levels (or BTEC equivalent) at grade C or above.
- Achieved 5 GCSEs including Maths and English at Grade C or above (4 or higher)
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
What’s the application process?
Once you’ve decided you’d like to apply for the role you’ll be taken through the following 3-stage process:
1. Online application – Please complete our online application and submit you CV, which will then be screened by our Talent Acquisition team.
2. Gamified assessment – You will be required to complete a 30 minute online test that assesses your skills and cognitive ability.
3. Assessment centre - If you're successful, you'll be invited to an assessment centre including a strengths-based interview and group exercise.
The deadline for application is 12th March 2021 however the opportunity may close early so we encourage you to apply now to avoid disappointment.
During the process, we're looking at your overall skills and personality so the best you can do is to simply be yourself. Remember, it's as much of an opportunity for you to get to know us, as well as allowing us to get to know you - it's very much a two-way process.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Manufacturing Ltd
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time