Siemens Smart Infrastructure are looking for a Senior Design Engineer to join our Engineering team for our Digital Grid business based in Hebburn. As Senior Design Engineer you will by the technical lead on projects, responsible for designing and delivering technical solutions, whilst working closely with Sales / Proposals managers and the project delivery team. You will work on National Grid contracts, working on a diverse portfolio.
Siemens Digital Grid ensure a secure energy supply by making electrical power, transmission and distribution intelligent and economical. From facilities and systems for low-voltage and distribution power grid, smart grid and energy automation solutions, to power supply for industrial plants, and high-voltage transmission systems.
This role will be based in our Hebburn office, with a combination of office and home working. It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
What part will you play?
· Ensure compliance with customer technical specifications, working with customers to scope requirements and design solutions which support and grow our market position
· Production/checking of functional design specifications and design intent documents
· Development and configuration of engineering protection & control solutions
· Production/checking of all test documentation
· Carry out FAT activities
· Responsible for technical issues/support on allocated projects
· Ensuring solutions meet the requirements of the latest policies and standards
· Attend internal and external design reviews providing technical input
· Provide technical input for tendering activities
· Mentoring of apprentices / graduates / engineers within the business - encourage feedback, listening and challenge in an open team environment that supports innovation and learning
What will you bring to the role?
· A minimum qualification of HNC/HND (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering
· Experience in a similar role involving detailed design of protection and control systems for transmission network.
· Working towards Chartered Electrical Engineering status desirable.
· Ability to respond to needs of different stakeholders and build strong relationships with customers
· Experience with the following technologies: SIP 4, SIP 5, DIGSI 4, DIGSI 5
· Experienced in configuration and testing of protection systems
· Demonstrate excellent Leadership skills
· Good standard of IT literacy - especially Word, Visio and Excel
· Good written, verbal, communication, and interpersonal skills
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here: [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html] or contact the recruiter.
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, annual bonus, overtime, 26 days holiday allowance, competitive pension scheme and other flexible benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time