Siemens Digital Industries Software (DISW)
Strategic Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
Siemens DISW is a leading global software company dedicated to helping our customers meet the product development demands of tomorrow. We provide Product Lifecycle Management software focused on Innovation (Ideation and Invention), Realization (How to Build the products) and Utilization (Ensuring the products meet the defined specification). In short, we help global manufacturers design better products and bring them to market faster!
Being a large company, yet having the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
To continue this growth and leading position, there is always the need for new talent in the form of students and new hires that can both explore the growth of innovation to serve our many customers but also look at the development and support of the learning programs to continue evolving the customer to academia ecosystem.
We’re currently recruiting interns for our summer 2021 Strategic Student Program. Our positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world learning and adaptation problems and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
We have (2) positions available in Workforce Development through Academic Enablement, that embrace the practice of continuous learning and growth.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or master's program
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
- Preferred sophomore or junior status
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Academic Business Development
As part of the Americas Academic Enablement team, you will work closely with Business Development Consultants, university customers in the alignment and deployment of the Academic Grant Process to a broad academic customer based across North Americas and multiple industries.
Industries include but not limited to – Aerospace, Automotive, Heavy Equipment, Emerging Markets, High Tech Electronics and Consumer products. Student will be exposed to various aspects of the sales process and customer support including benchmarking, proof of concept solution validation, marketing.
As part of the Academic Enablement team, the role and responsibility of the ideal candidate(s) will include:
- Support the new proposal and renewal administrative processes with focus on DISW need, capability and benefit
- Be responsible for interactive data capture, reconciliation and needs discussion capture (SFDC and other academic databases)
- Be responsible for aiding in the analysis, completion, research for new and renewal proposals being developed
- Be responsible for packaging of, and submittal of collateral activities
- Follow up with customers after delivery to ensure comprehension and usage.
- Create a Point of Contact for clarity and direction as needed.
- Currently enrolled in a university pursuing an undergraduate or master's degree in Business, Communications, or a related field
- Exposure to Siemens PLM Software products a plus.
- Able to manage multiple items at one time.
- Strong problem-solving aptitude is preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills supporting the need and ability to provide status updates on a regular basis
- A self-starter with strong communication skills
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.