Siemens EDA – A Siemens Business, is a global technology leader in Electronic Design Automation, providing software solutions that help engineers around the world design and manufacture new and highly innovative electronic products. Each year, our customers use our tools to push the boundaries of technology and physics in order to deliver smaller, faster and more reliable products that run the world’s high tech devices.
We are looking for a highly motivated software quality engineer with a degree in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering to join the Calibre product software development team. Calibre’s high-capacity and high-performance tools are key to our customers’ success in building integrated circuits (ICs) for the semiconductor industry.
In this role you will use your test experience to further improve the quality and delivery of our products, across the full release cycle. We are looking for an individual who pays good attention to detail, is logical and has an analytical mind-set, with strong problem-solving skills.Responsibilities
You will be part of a team responsible for testing, debugging and qualifying software releases and updates. Quality assurance responsibilities include:
- Involved in the design, development, and execution of functional and regression tests used to measure correctness, robustness, performance, and overall quality.
- Collaborate with senior software engineers, quality assurance specialists, marketing, and customer support professionals to help deliver timely product releases that meet our customer’s needs.
- Provide all partners with appropriate regression reports in a timely manner.
- Encouraged to take advantage of opportunities provided to improve technical and job related skills; such as developing additional product breadth and business skills!
- Use your leadership and innovation, to develop procedures and tools needed to improve the QA process and assist developers in making design trade-offs and risk analysis assessments.
- Technical degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Knowledge of software quality assurance processes and experience with maintaining regression test suites.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Able to thrive and grow in a dynamic multi-site fast-paced development environment.
Useful experience, but not required:
- Knowledge of a scripting language (Python, Perl, Tcl, etc.)
- Exposure to EDA verification tools like Calibre DRC
- Experience with C++
- Experience with Calibre SVRF
- Experience with VLSI design or layout tools
If you're reading this and questioning whether you should apply, apply! There's no such thing as a perfect candidate, and we don't expect you to check every box. We're passionate about the uniqueness that people like you bring to the table. The companies that we incubate are only as innovative as the breadth of lived experiences shared by the teams building them. We can't wait to read your application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.