The ideal candidate must have a solid technical understanding of the Rolling Stock testing/commissioning process in order to lead their team through the different factory commissioning phases to ensure that they meet the plant goals of Quality, Productivity, and on Time Deliveries. The position has the full support of the Field Service Department along with the rest of the Siemens Rolling Stock business to execute this mission. The candidate should be energized by the challenges we face when commissioning industry leading Light Rail Vehicles, Locomotives, and Passenger Coach Cars. In order to succeed at this challenge the candidate must be self-directed and continuously looking for improvement possibilities in themselves and their team.
• Lead teams of test technicians to ensure the safety, health, and welfare of all team members.
• Ensures adherence to defined guidelines, processes and procedures, and ensures achievement of agreed performance standards such as safety, quality and schedule.
• Supervises the testing of new products and participates in the creation of solutions to departmental challenges.
• Contributes to budget planning processes and monitors budget adherence
• Employee relations including; employee motivation, effective two way communication and employee engagement
• Performance monitoring and take action to maintain performance levels of all direct reports.
• Schedule Management; collaborating on and executing schedules for factory commissioning.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must have excellent communication skills
• Decision making skills
• Must be proficient in electrical, pneumatic, mechanical troubleshooting
• Minimum of 3-5 years related experience
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.