Siemens EDA is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
We are seeking highly motivated, responsible and self-starting Software Development Engineer to join our forward thinking team in Cairo, Egypt. This is role with a truly global scope, and the opportunity to drive continuous improvement of one our most important services.
As a Software Development Engineer, you will participate in designing and implementing front end software that meets functionality, usability, reliability, performance, and supportability requirements. You will also be working on designing back-end software with interactive architectures.
- Analyzing problems and locate bottlenecks and propose a range of viable solutions.
- Writing functional specifications and design documentation.
- Collaborating with other developers as needed to manage interdependencies of project tasks, product and flow integration issues.
- Participating in reviews and/or inspections of, designs, specifications, and code.
- Participating in project planning and tracking - task investigation, work breakdown, and schedule estimation, as well as keeping project team members, adjacent teams, QA teams, Customer Support and Marketing informed of project risks and status.
- Working with Marketing, QA to understand and support customer needs and requirements.
Required skills, knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related technical field.
- Experience with S/W programming using C++.
- Highly proficient in UX standards and Visualization techniques.
- Knowledge in Unix/Linux operating system environments.
- Strong skills in design patterns and S/W design.
- Knowledge in Agile process using Jira, Git and Gitlab, C++11/14, boost, QT, TCL and Python is a huge PLUS!
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
We are looking for both Fresh Graduates and Experiencd Engineers, so if you are knowledgeable, passionate and willing to learn, send us your CV! We are looking forward to hearing from you.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance and pension.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time