Experience in accident prevention measures, and the respective processes and guidelines of production. * Contributes to budget development and ensures adherence to agreed budgets in Industrial Engineering.
* Develops and Implements performance measurement and improvement initiatives.
* Performs inspections and investigations and analyzes technical manufacturing or logistics processes and sequences.
* Plans, proposes and implements improvements projects on site or unit level, sets the respective targets, budgets and personnel resources, and steers the overall project process.
* Works with other engineering functions, external vendors or service providers, and constantly monitors and approves respective services and work deliveries.
* Manages overall ramp-up phase of new production & test equipment, or production launch of new products. and ensures life cycle support.
* Ensures process documentation, and trains related manufacturing or maintenance staff.
* Conducts time and motions studies and derives time standards for production calculations.
This position will consider processes and results, generated in other workflows and disciplines, conditions and environments, and values to contribute effectively to team results. Needs experienced level of analytical and distinctive conceptual skills to solve issues given, which may differ in size and nature. This position is expected to contribute to and deliver business processes or detailed technology solutions, in a self-managed and target oriented manner, and thus contribute to team results. This position focuses on analyzing, developing, testing, implementation of processes, technologies, and systems in their specific field of expertise, from first principles. Targets are short to medium term (best to be characterized as milestones), and achievements are monitored. They may provide functional advice to and integrate services of operational staff or colleagues.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Industrial Engineering. Minimum 3 years’ experience as manufacturing or industrial engineer with a focus in mechanical engineering. 3 years’ experience in Light Rail Vehicle or locomotive repair/refurbishment/production with a strong focus in mechanical engineering
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.