Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow's reality. Find out more about the Digital world at Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The Digital Services Engineer (DSE) is an integral part of development, implementation, and on-going support of Performance Contracting and Energy Service offerings from Siemens.
The DSE performs, coordinates and/or leads the development and ongoing analysis of new building automation projects in the Digital Service Center (DSC). The DSC team provides fault detection and diagnostics services to Siemens branches across North America. After project onboarding, the DSE monitors project performance and reports findings to the customer. The DSE works with branch sales and operations teams to develop account strategies and grow the energy services business of Siemens Smart Infrastructure. The DSC is located in Austin, Texas and services contracts remotely.
The DSC is presently contemplating new hires in one of two DSE levels, based on certifications and years of experience.
- Reviews energy data and provides analysis
- Compiles energy reports for customers
- Follows building optimization plan and M&V plan
- Applies building energy simulation programs or MS Excel spreadsheet calculations to determine project energy and operational savings
- Develops and effectively communicates to the customer long-term energy and sustainability strategies for standalone, campus and enterprise portfolios. Plans include operational and capital improvement recommendations.
- Develops a holistic energy plan, taking into consideration the relationship and interdependency of multiple building systems and their equipment.
- Develops and implements fault detection and diagnostics (FDD) using the Siemens cloud-based platform Navigator
- Studies customer’s building management system to select data points for analysis and understand existing operation
- Collaborates with the Digital Service Specialist (DSS) during metering setup and point discovery
- Identifies and select rules to be applied for FDD
- Develops project structure and equipment parent/child relationships for use by the DSS
- Becomes a subject matter expert of Facility Improvement Measures for HVAC systems
- Reviews faults to suggest system changes to improve operational and energy efficiency
- Recommends FIMs in alignment with the customer’s energy goals
- Consults in the development of Digital Service Center Offerings
- Presents Digital Service Center offerings to potential customers and ensures offerings and deliverables meet the customer’s needs
- BS in mechanical engineering or applicable technical degree
- Level I: Engineer In Training (EIT) required
- Level II: CEM & Engineer in Training (EIT), EPM or PE required
- Level I: 2 - 4 years of energy management or systems design experience
- Level II: 4 - 8 years of energy management or HVAC systems design experience
- Effective communication skills to speak with c-level executives
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Familiarity with HVAC system, electrical systems, building controls, lighting, building envelope and domestic water system technologies / design. Knowledge of common HVAC and electrical building codes
- Understands components and operation methods of Air Handling Units, Chillers, Boilers, Pumps, and Air/Water Distribution. Including physical and programmed components.
- Familiarity with data logging equipment and trending capability building automation systems trending functions
- Experience with building modeling programs or spreadsheet energy analyses
- Experience with standard ASHRAE energy calculations and IPMVP performance assurance methodologies
- Experience with building retro-commissioning
- Knowledge of facility and maintenance operations, capital planning, maintenance budgeting, maintenance best practices, and HVAC energy efficiency measures
- Familiarity with the development of scope documentation, evaluation of subcontractor proposals, and risk identification for design/build projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs, high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Manages deliverable deadlines
- Able to adjust communication style to work with a variety of roles and interested parties
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.