We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
· Currently enrolled as a university undergraduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for future or current sponsorship by the company
- Able to work remotely during summer 2021
- Paid volunteer time
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers and managers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Employee Resource Group participation encouraged
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
As an intern in Mainstream Engineering, you will have the opportunity to work on our Solid Edge software, focused on the design and engineering needs of small and medium sized manufacturing businesses. Solid Edge develops solutions for creating virtual parts to emulate real-world mechanisms and machines, providing insight into a simulated manufacturing world. The Information Developer Intern with assist in authoring, editing, testing, and training for desktop and web-based applications.
You will champion projects to:
- Research, plan, develop, and maintain new and existing documentation and courseware for end-users of computer-aided mechanical design, engineering, and analysis software.
- Work with subject matter experts (software engineers, application engineers, usability specialist, marketing staff, courseware developers, customer education) and use the software products to develop the documentation and courseware.
- Define scope, develop plans, perform project management for individual or team projects.
- Identify product planning issues and product development projects that have impact on information products.
- Ensure that documents are technically accurate, succinct, user-focused, and free from errors.
- Support and assist other information developers with various related tasks.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Technical writing, Instructional Design, Engineering, or other related disciplines
- Knowledge and experience with XML and related information encoding technologies
- Eager to learn and desire to develop new knowledge and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel PowerPoint)
- Passionate, driven, and proactive
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to understand complex engineering problems
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Inspires collaboration
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.