We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
- Currently enrolled as a university undergraduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for future or current sponsorship by the company
- Able to work remotely during summer 2021
- Paid volunteer time
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers and managers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Employee Resource Group participation encouraged
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
As an intern in Mainstream Engineering, you will have the opportunity to work with the Mainstream Engineering Configuration Management team. Primarily supporting our Solid Edge software, the Configuration Management is the hub of Mainstream Engineering development, building setups, managing change, and bringing our world-class applications to the end users. Using an extensive library of automation and tools, the Configuration Management team supports developers, testers, support engineers, planners, writers – everyone who works to code, document, sell, support, and use our products. Learn from professional engineers who manage millions of lines of code to build and deliver timely products to a diverse team. These capabilities are derived and maintained by our agile team, combining senior experience with fresh ideas, which you will help bring to life. You will champion projects to:
- Research, plan, develop, and maintain new and existing script files
- Storyboard our existing process as inputs to our development team to identify optimization opportunities
- Work with the team to document internal processes
- Work with experienced programmers to create map of existing internal product dependencies
- Work with experienced programmers to identify ways to simplify our product builds
- Support enhancements to internal tools
- Support and assist other developers with various related tasks
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Preferred prior knowledge in batch scripting
- Robust C# experience required
- C++ optional
- VB.Net, SQL, .Net optional
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming concepts and design patterns
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel PowerPoint)
- Passionate, driven, and proactive
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Desire to continuously improve and learn about new areas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Inspires collaboration
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.