Siemens Software, a business unit of the Siemens Digital Industries, is a leading global provider of software solutions to drive the digital transformation of industry, creating new opportunities for manufacturers to realize innovation.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Do you want to build the data lake and analytics platforms that will drive our next generation marketing automation systems?
The big data software engineer is responsible for building and contributing to our next generation data platform. This individual will be working on a development team focused on the ingestion, normalization and enrichment of marketing data as it flows into a data lake. This position will also work on piping that data to many of internal consumers and marketing automation tools. The ideal candidate will have had experience with data modeling, data access and data storage techniques from within big data ecosystems like Apache Spark.
- Migrate and ingest data from many data sources including legacy platforms.
- Develop and implement data flows and pipelines into various consumers and 3rd party tools.
- Implement data normalization and transformation algorithms ensuring data consistency and searchability
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks such as Spark on AWS infrastructure
- Utilize cloud-based RDBMS and NoSQL databases services such as Snowflake and RedShift.
- Implement unit tests and conduct code reviews with other team members to ensure code is properly designed, developed for scale and tuned for performance needs.
- Collaborate closely with other data engineers, engineering managers and product owners and deliver cloud-based data solutions that meet our marketing and sales objectives.
Skills and abilities:
- Experience with a cloud-based implementation of the Apache Spark ecosystem.
- Experience with columnar data storage such as Parquet on Amazon S3.
- Experience with both RDBMS and NoSQL Data Modeling and an understanding of the differences between structured data versus unstructured data.
- Knowledge of agile software development lifecycles such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Excellent software programming skills in one of the following programming languages: Python, Java or NodeJS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years’ work experience showing proficiency in at least one of the following: Python, Java, NodeJS
- 2+ years’ work experience in big data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, MongoDB, Redshift, or Snowflake
- 2+ years’ work experience with AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- 3+ years’ work experience in building/maintaining data lake using Apache Spark or similar
- 3+ years’ work experience writing Spark processing jobs using Python, Java or similar language
- 2+ years’ work experience with ASWS RedShift or Snowflake
- 2+ years’ experience with NoSQL database implementations (MongoDB, Cassandra)
- 2+ years’ experience working in an Agile development environment
- 2+ years’ experience with UNIX/Linux including basic commands and shell scripting
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.