Applications Support Engineer (Licensing/Enablement)
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
As a Corporate Applications Engineer for our Licensing Enablement Support Team, you will help Customers solve problems installing, licensing, or executing a wide variety of our software.
By working closely with customers (remote) you will uncover requirements for advanced training and services that increase customer productivity with our tools.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BS Computer Science/Computer Engineer/Information Technology
- 3-5 years of experience in Software QA, Software Support, or IT Operations
- Significant experience with software Installation and deployment
- Expertise in System Administration for Windows Operating systems
- Basic understanding of Computer networking requirements
- Strong verbal / written communication skills; excellent active listening skills
- Some travel may be required (in the future)
Preferred knowledge and experience:
- Experience in System Administration of Linux O/S systems
- Working knowledge of FLEXnet licensing software
- Demonstrated understanding of Software QA or debugging techniques
- Ability to develop scripts in Windows Batch Scripting, Powershell, Unix shell/perl/python, C, and/or SQL
- Previous experience with EDA software applications (Mentor Pads and/or Expedition)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.