At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens Digital Industries Software is looking for a talented Web Application Developer to be part of the team building the next generation web experiences for our external customers.
In this role you will help build the platform for delivering enterprise content through our most prominent .com sites. You will leverage the latest headless CMS, GraphQL, and static site generation technologies to provide an end-to-end publishing, delivery, measurement, and reporting platform for the Siemens Digital Industries Software division.
You will be involved in all aspects of delivery including developing infrastructure as code through CloudFormation scripts, implementing automated builds and CI/CD, developing automation test scripts, writing API micro services using NodeJS and ExpressJS and leveraging AWS serverless architecture. You will work in the latest technologies to deliver a premiere web CMS platform including adoption of the JAM stack.
You will work in an open workspace collaborative environment as part of a larger Digital Experiences team responsible for delivering customer facing applications. You will have the ability to immediately make an impact as part of a team delivering high visibility and high traffic web applications.
You will be expected to contribute ideas, concepts, best practices, code reviews, and code development to deliver on tight timelines in a fast-paced enterprise application development environment. You should be able to embrace developing software for performance, scale, quality, security, and lowest cost.
As Web Application Developer, you will be responsible for configuring runtime environment including deployment and scripting. Responsibilities also include build and deployment via setting up CI/CD pipelines with tools like AWS CodeBuild and CodePipeline. You will be responsible for code development using Git workflow. Code projects include enterprise UX application built on React, GraphQL, analytics services, serverless AWS Lambda and Kinesis, and use of AWS Elasticsearch. You should have a strong grasp on building secure web applications.
- Design, develop, modify, and implement software programming for products (both internal and external) with focus on surpassing customer expectations, on achieving high quality and on-time delivery.
- Responsible for ensuring the overall functional quality of the released product on all required platforms and mechanism.
- Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems.
- Creates, documents, and executes software designs which may involve complicated workflows or multiple product areas.
- Technical lead of one or more projects within one area of a product. Provides input to the technical direction for one area of a product.
- Occasionally consults with customers in regard to future upgrades and products. l Able to solve complex technical problems.
- Provides specialized expertise within multiple systems, software disciplines, as well as general knowledge of related disciplines, applications implications, and customer areas.
- Works with minimal supervision on complex projects with wide latitude for independent judgment. l Highly skilled with extensive proficiency and technical expertise.
- Develop code managed infrastructure through deployment scripts such as Cloudformation, Chef, Puppet
- Write APM tests for continuous monitoring and alerting leveraging AWS Cloudwatch
- Implement new customer facing features and applications in ReactJS
- Work with creative designers to implement click-through prototypes
- Develop supporting APIs leveraging ExpressJS, NodeJS, AWS Lambda, Kinesis, AWS SAM, GraphQL
- Develop unit tests including use of Mocha, Jest, Chai
- Develop in Git workflow participating in code peer reviews
- Implement build and deployment scripts including setting up CI/CD pipelines
- Develop to 12-factor application guidelines including developing for performance optimization and scale
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in computer science or related
- Web application development using MVC design pattern
- API development
- Primary responsibility is code development, agile methodology, team environment
- Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills
- Ability to interpret ambiguous business requirements
- Knowledge of SDLC, serverless architecture, design patterns, building 12-factor applications
- Experience with agile methodologies and Git workflow
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Front-end web application development
- API development using NodeJS / ExpressJS, GraphQL
- Contributor to open source projects
- AWS or cloud experience
- AWS serverless application model (SAM)
- AWS certification developer or architect
- Enterprise application development in a team environment
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.