Epocal, part of Siemens Healthineers, is a leading manufacturer of a clinical Point Of Care (POC) diagnostic product. The epoc© Blood Analysis System is healthcare’s first cost-effective POC testing solution to leverage Smartcard Technology and wireless communication to provide caregivers with real-time, lab-quality blood gas, electrolyte, and metabolite results at the patient bedside. This system is now a well-established tool of the medical profession available worldwide. Epocal is committed to delivering high-quality products and services that patients and providers can rely on for consistently accurate and actionable information. We deploy unique innovative technologies that not only transform diagnostic products, but also expand into new platforms and solutions with proven health and economic outcomes.
Epocal was acquired by Siemens Healthineers in October 2017. As a leading medical technology company, Siemens Healthineers enables healthcare providers to increase value by empowering them on their journey towards expanding precision medicine, transforming care delivery, improving the patient experience, and digitalizing healthcare. Siemens Healthineers is continuously developing its product and service portfolio, with AI-supported applications and digital offerings that play an increasingly important role in the next generation of medical technology. These new applications will enhance the company’s foundation in in-vitro diagnostic, image-guided therapy, and in-vivo diagnostics. Siemens Healthineers also provides a range of services and solutions to enhance healthcare providers’ ability to provide high-quality, efficient care to patients.
For more than 100 years, Siemens Healthineers in Canada has helped healthcare providers achieve their goal of improving outcomes while reducing costs. From the Atlantic to Pacific oceans, more than 800 employees in Canada work together to deliver solutions for healthcare providers, resulting in 70% of medical decisions being influenced by the technologies we provide.
More information is available at: www.siemens-healthineers.ca
The Point-of-Care (POC) business develops and sustains systems for in vitro diagnostic (IVD) instruments for point of care and laboratory medical testing. Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Head, Critical Care Systems R&D. This position is part of the Critical Care business vertical (Franchise) leadership team at POC and reports to the Head of R&D for the business. The Critical Care business spans both handheld and benchtop Blood Gas systems spread over multiple global sites. This position is focused on our handheld systems and is based at our Epocal facility in Ottawa, Canada.
The Critical Care Systems R&D Head:
- Drives development of the product line vision and strategy focusing on the critical care franchise.
- Translates product line strategy into technology strategy, product offerings and key differentiators
- Is accountable for delivery of product development projects, including prioritization of delivery objectives relative to available resources and budget.
- Manages PLM delivery teams (directly and in a matrix) to deliver on project objectives
- Manages Product Line PLM budget,
- Executes on organizational strategy to build efficient, predictable delivery processes
- Builds technical relationships with KOLs, customers/users and other major stakeholders
- Builds functional strategy and supports resource and talent development
Requirements for this position include
- Degree in Physical Science or Engineering. Advanced Degree preferred.
- Experience with Critical Care systems, especially Blood Gas Instrumentation is highly desirable.
- 15+ years in biomedical/medical R&D, with at least 10+ years in functional management
- Demonstrated history of product launches in a regulated industry, especially in time critical environments
- Systems thinking mindset
- Excellent communication skills
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: EPOCAL INC.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.