Data Team Engineering Manager - SISW PLM
Siemens Software, a business unit of the Siemens Digital Industries, is a leading global provider of software solutions to drive the digital transformation of industry, creating new opportunities for manufacturers to realize innovation.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Are you ready to drive the team that will shape tomorrow’s next generation data platform and marketing automation systems?
The Data Team Engineering manager leads a team that is responsible for design, implementation and delivery of our next generation data platform. This individual will be leading a development team focused on the ingestion, normalization, and enrichment of marketing data as it flows into our marketing data lake. The person in this position will focus on the management, mentoring and coaching of their team toward successful on time project delivery. The ideal candidate has an engineering background in the latest cloud-based big data platforms, small team management experience, extensive agile experience and understanding of all aspects of the software development and delivery lifecycle. This manager will interface directly with product owners and stakeholders to deliver new data features and functionality.
- Ensure teams have appropriate technical direction, leadership and balance between short-term impact and staying aligned to the long-term technical architecture
- Specify non-functional requirements; analyze all requirements to determine design feasibility within time and cost constraints
- Estimate software development timelines and be accountable to the timelines by actively managing risks and changing requirements
- Communicate, collaborate, and coordinate with the other development teams and leadership in the organization to deliver solutions that help our business succeed
- Devise and transparently communicate a roadmap on a regular basis to set expectations with product owners and key partners
- Regularly report on progress towards commitments using data
- Delegate appropriately to the development team, retaining the appropriate number of kind of tasks to complete themselves.
- Improve agile software engineering processes and practices
- Identify and reduce technical debt
Skills and abilities:
- Extensive cloud-native development expertise especially in a Big Data context
- Experience with leveraging Big Data technologies like Apache Spark towards the creation and management of a data lake.
- Complete knowledge of agile software development lifecycles – specifications, documentation, engineering, security, unit test/QA, continuous delivery, maintenance, etc.
- Takes a hands-on approach, works day to day with engineering teams in daily standups, sprint grooming and planning meetings
- Partners with product owners to ensure user stories are properly planned and groomed for engineering teams to take action on
- Able to lead a small team, providing direction, coaching and regular feedback
- Setting results-oriented, measurable targets and metrics as key drivers in decision-making processes
- Able to attract and hire world-class talent and build high-performing team
- 3+ years' work experience working with large data ecosystems
- 3+ years’ experience on data integrations across multiple internal or external applications
- 5+ years’ people management experience, directing the day-to-day activities of 3-5 engineers
- Deep technical understanding and informed opinions on cloud-native development, programming languages, and data frameworks
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multi-functional environment, including coordination of standard methodologies with other business and technical units, and alignment to architectural standards and policy mandates of the larger organization
- Has worked on data systems for sales and marketing divisions.
- Has worked within an agile methodology across a large, distributed software development organization
- Can handle ambiguity, drive consensus, communicate well with both technical and non-technical audiences
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.