Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €9.1 billion and had around 38,500 employees worldwide. Further information is available at: www.siemens.com/mobility
We are now looking to hire a Service Operations Manager in Melbourne, Docklands. The Service Operations Manager – Customer Service (CS) ensures implementation of and adherence to strategies, policies, processes and methods for service and support operations activities (technically and/or commercially), for assigned organisational unit.
- Manages, mentors and leads CS operations including Training team, technical support team, support project team and sales.
- Represents Mobility CS in ANZ as the first point of customer escalation.
- Manages and leads the CS business to deliver on the set strategic objectives including appropriate resourcing the operations to deliver efficiently the pipeline of works within OH&S guidelines.
- Ensures alignment of and adherence to practices and activities with local legislation and global guidelines and processes, including Siemens guidelines and processes
- Implements defined superior policies and guidelines, and defines and ensures implementation of function specific processes, procedures, methods and/or tools.
- Ensures the delivery of services on an operational level with respect to process adherence, service quality, and profitability.
- Supervises/conducts the negotiation of and adherence to Service Level Agreements.
- Supports in developing service leads.
- Ensures obeying regional laws and regulations.
Internal teams you will be interfacing with: Sales, Project Management, Engineering, Products, Installation & Commissioning, Safety Assurance.
External clients you will be interfacing with: Customer organisations including at C-Level, other Siemens organisational units, project and interface partners, regional units, supply chain.
Skills & Experience:
- University degree (or comparable) in engineering or business is necessary.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with strong skills in Customer Services within transport domain. Rail infrastructure domain desirable.
- Experience on a variety of transport Service Projects.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows, MS365 and Office Suite.
- Proven business development & strategy expertise.
- Proven ability to work with a variety of people in different teams.
- Five years minimum of experience in leading teams disciplinary and functionally across various locations.
- Ability to manage staff and contractor requirements in a professional manner.
- Complex stakeholder management experience
- Proven experience in Presales/tendering activities
- Strong communication skills and experience in dealing with customers and colleagues from other cultural environments (intercultural experience).
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time