Are you a forward-thinking and aspiring undergraduate in your final year? Or have you recently graduated and are looking to start your career? Join our graduate programme and see for yourself how it differs from any other. Could this be the next exciting step on your journey to your career? If yes, start your graduate programme with us at Siemens!
This is your chance to learn about how our work impacts everyday life across the world and you could be there at the centre of that work. From learning how a line of code develops into millions of downloads, to exploring the depths and heights of our varying transport projects, build your skills and see how you can be here with us, shaping the future.
We need innovative and ambitious individuals to explore the varied, exciting areas of our business, so you must be willing to relocate to more than one of our many UK sites over your two-year programme with the support of Siemens.
Have the opportunity to work across a variety of businesses and one thing for certain is you won’t be short of opportunities! We are recruiting university leavers for our rotational Business and Operational Excellence and Material Provisioning Graduate programme.
Begin your journey with us whilst taking part in our fantastic graduate development programme. We will create an individual training plan to help you develop the specific skills and knowledge required for your role. By the end of it, you will be set up with the best knowledge and hands-on experience to equip you for your professional career in Siemens.
Here is a taste of what you can expect from this Graduate role:
- Ability to understand how materials planning and forecasting integrates with preventative maintenance programmes.
- Ability to determine the provision of materials to support corrective maintenance through the life cycle of our fleet.
- Providing material support within project teams planning for major overhauls and modifications to our fleets of trains.
- Appreciation of stock control systems: Cormap, Equinox and SAP, how these systems integrate with forecasting systems to purchase materials in time for future maintenance.
- Supporting the development of digital solutions enhancing the data we use to make better informed decisions in the future on stock provisioning.
- Supporting sales with bids for new trains and modifications to existing fleets. Providing data on material provisioning, warehousing and logistics.
- Integrating with materials team based at maintenance depot locations across the UK. Assisting enhancing materials process and standard operating procedures, simplifying process flows and taking out nonvalue added activities.
- Spend time with central logistic partner seeing how the central hub supports Warehousing, Logistics and Forecasting to each of our maintenance facilities across the UK.
- Understand how technology can improve our materials handling and logistics teams.
We are looking for innovative and inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following:
- Be a recent or new graduate with any degree, but you must show a passion for material provisioning.
- Are up for traveling as part of this rotational position. We want you to experience the different sites and areas of our business, so each placement may be in different UK locations
- Have some experience/work-experience/internship in a material-related department, but it’s not essential
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
What else do I need to know?
Alongside your role, the graduate development programme (www.siemens.co.uk/grads) will teach softer skills such as communication, teamwork, commercial awareness, digitilisation and innovation. We also offer plenty of opportunity to develop your career whilst offering a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
We’re looking for passionate teammates with the aptitude and attitude to succeed in the world of Materials.
Apply now and join Europe’s leading engineering and technology company.
The total rewards' package for this role includes a salary of £28,000, plus an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit. (If the role is London based; a London Weighting allowance will also be offered).
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all applicants to encourage agile working, flexibility and innovation.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time