We are seeking a Senior Software Developer to join our Sustainable Automation Solutions Research Group and support our Siemens business units and end customers in the US. The right person will have a strong technical background in IT and OT technologies and a passion for working with customers and solving challenges in manufacturing industries with innovative solutions! Additionally, this role has flexibility to be 100% remote, so if you are comfortable working virtually so are we!
In the role as Senior Software Developer, you will
- Lead technical project definition and drive execution in partnership with research scientists, Siemens business units and external partners
- Develop applications for the Siemens Industrial Edge platform and devices tailored to industrial manufacturing challenges
- Develop sophisticated, high-performance software applications (C++ / C#/ Java / Python etc.)
- Apply cutting edge research findings and technologies to address manufacturing industry challenges
- Design, implement, test, optimize, and document software components
- Assess technical feasibility of potential customer co-creation projects
- Perform complex hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project needs
- Complete technical solution co-creation for the development and implementation of customer solutions
Qualified candidates will have:
- BS required in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering / related fields.
MS is a plus
- 10+ years of research experience in software engineering field with programming skills in C / C++ / Python is required
- Experience in the field of factory / process automation (Industrial Controls, Networking, Identification, Automation Software)
- Experience in Technical Project & Requirements Management
- Knowledge of docker, and preferably Kubernetes
- Proficiency in common software development processes and architectures
- Real-world problem solving and a hands-on, can-do attitude
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication (verbal & written) skills
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found on https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs
For nearly 170 years, pioneering technologies, and the business models developed from them, have been the foundation of Siemens’ success. Our central research and development unit, Technology (T) plays a meaningful role in this. Together with its global network of specialists, T is a strategic partner to Siemens’ operative units. It provides important services along the entire value chain – from research and development to production and quality assurance, as well as optimized business processes. The support provided to the businesses in their research and development activities is ideally balanced with T’s own forward thinking research. Siemens’ central research and development arm sees itself as a strategic partner to the company’s businesses. It plays a key role in achieving and maintaining leading competitive positions in the fields of electrification and automation while at the same time helping Siemens fully tap into the growth field of digitalization.
We also offer a generous remote working environment as well as robust health and wellness benefits (such as paid parental leave & a be well employee program) to promote healthy living and support the best lifestyle for you and your family!
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We are more than employees; we are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: At Technology you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research together with the best.
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.