Geometry Development Student Internship
Start Date: Summer 2021
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
At Siemens Digital Industries Software, we blur the boundaries between industry domains by integrating the virtual and physical, hardware and software, design and manufacturing worlds. With the rapid pace of innovation, digitalization is no longer tomorrow’s idea. We take what the future promises tomorrow and make it real for our customers today. Where today meets tomorrow. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We are seeking a motivated student who has past CAD design experience. You will get the opportunity to:
- Assist with testing of geometry related development features, which may include manual testing, developing automated tests, test analysis, etc.
- Create test cases and suggest possible tests for the automated testing suites.
- Profile code to evaluate performance and do an initial analysis of bugs
- Submission of bug reports from the above testing
- Develop/modify scripts for collection and analysis of test results
- Independently evaluate and provide feedback on the usability of certain features or workflows
- Currently enrolled in a university pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Scientific Visualization, Aerospace Engineering, Computational Science, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or a related field
- Past experience with CAD modeling
- Classroom or practical exposure to multi-physics simulation tools for CFD or FEA.
- Classroom or practical experience with at least one commercial package, preferably Siemens NX, Solidworks, CATIA or ProEngineer/Creo, SpaceClaim, Inventor and SolidEdge
- Genuine interest in CAD modeling.
- Knowledge of Java, C++, Python, Linux Shell or equivalent programming language
- Classroom or practical experience with commercial CFD or Multiphysics software such as Simcenter STAR-CCM+, HyperMesh or ANSYS
- Experience working on both Windows and Linux operating systems
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.