We are Siemens Mobility - We’re a leading global provider of short-distance, regional, and long-distance rolling stock, as well as product and system solutions for passenger and freight transport. We ensure that passengers are transported in a safe and comfortable environment while also meeting economic and environmental requirements. Our products are future-oriented and efficient operations while reducing environmental impact and conserving resources.
We seek an experienced Project Manager with a consistent track record of leading sophisticated projects in the transportation industry with a preference for that experience in the rail industry. Experience with Positive Train Control (PTC) is highly valued. The project manager's role is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to scope, deadline, and budget. Your position also includes advising resources in a matrixed organization and coordinating team members' efforts to deliver projects accordingly. The Project Manager will also define the project's objectives, participate in project planning during and after the sales cycle and coordinate quality control throughout the project life cycle.Responsibilities:
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support the business goals and requirements in collaboration with account sales executives, senior management, and stakeholders.
- Meet with clients to take detailed user requirements and clarify specific requirements for the project's contracted scope(s).
- Develop complete project plans and associated communications documents. Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Apply our project process and management principles at all aspects of project scope and deliverables.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to all partners in a timely and transparent fashion.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to handle changes in project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools, and techniques.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Build and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other partners. Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and handle project dependencies and critical paths.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, empower and supervise project team and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conduct project postmortems and craft a recommendation report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Ability to lead/direct emergency support calls due to requirements of the contract that call for after-hour backing in the event of an emergency (24X7X365)
- PM Certification highly desired
- 8+ years in a Technical Project Management function
- Rail Industry experience highly desired
- Experience managing mid-sized level projects ($10M range)
- Experience interfacing with customers and leading customer interactions.
We are# 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work List
Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits - starting Day 1!
Vacation: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave
Financial & Retirement: 401K match Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns
Balance: Flexible Work Hours, Remote Work Opportunities, Diversity & Inclusion Program
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. We offer a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Senior Project Manager with us, we'll provide you with the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.