Siemens EDA is a leading global provider of software for designing complex electronics, contributing to the creation of everything from cell phones to airplanes. Our software tools enable companies worldwide to develop new and highly innovative electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our customers use our tools to push technology and physics boundaries to deliver better products in the increasingly complex world of chip, board, and system design. Ultimately founded in 1981 and acquired by Siemens in 2017, the business unit is headquartered in Wilsonville, OR (Portland)Job Description:
The Learning & Development Lead position for EDA Global Sales will act as a trusted advisor and extension to the Executive Vice President of the Mentor EDA Global Sales organization in full support of the Global Go-To- Market strategy. This role requires the ability to thrive in multiple critical functions; sales training (consulting, advising, and delivering) and executive communication, both internal and external. As a member of the EDA Global Sales Operations Team, this position reports to the Sr. Director of Global Sales Programs & Enablement. The role provides a unique opportunity to engage in complex sales and technical processes proactively, interfacing with senior leadership throughout the organization while building trusting and credible relationships cross-functionally. This position will contribute to meaningful organizational developmental growth and top line growth through collaboration, communication, and leadership.Leadership and Responsibility Areas:
Learning & Development Advisory:
- Attend relevant field Global Management and Council meetings. Brief the Senior Leadership on current L&D activities, provide suggested improvements and gather input into future initiatives
- Deliver L&D consultancy to EDA Global Sales Organization on People Development policy, strategy, and planning. Liaise with Sales Managers to identify internal training requirements, develop specific plans for individual teams, and collect and consolidate "pull" demands from the field
Learning & Development Delivery:
- Scope, Design and Develop or Source training materials specific to EDA Global Sales
- Facilitate and support global delivery of training courses and core learning programs, including planning, communication, and management of such courses and programs
- Manage L&D outsourcing strategy and manage third-party vendor relationships, including contracts
- Where required, assume the lead role in the organization of global conferences that are specific to L&D initiatives of the Siemens EDA sales teams
Global Learning & Development Team:
- In conjunction with other global L&D team members, contribute to the definition of the L&D global strategy. Ensure that the specific needs of the Siemens EDA sales teams are address within the L&D global strategy.
- Contribute to the development of Global L&D policies, standards, tools, and processes
- Drive the design and delivery of a common Siemens EDA sales team onboarding program for new employees
- Contribute to the creation of learning programs and curriculum for existing Siemens EDA sales teams, including gap analysis, content requirements, and the development or sourcing of content
- Contribute to the development of core frameworks for the delivery of learning and development.
- Support the maintenance of the Career Development offering and Talent Management
Functional Expertise:-Technical Expertise: - Business Methods:
Thorough professional know-how in L&D, based on practical experience and a theoretical foundation to best meet the L&D objectives of the Siemens EDA sales teams
Focus on applying and expanding acquired knowledge base in an L&D key specialized knowledge area
Application of knowledge in a broader professional context beyond the stated L&D initiatives
Improves the L&D processes within the Siemens EDA sales teams
High-level understanding of the Siemens EDA Software portfolio
Focus on applying and expanding acquired knowledge base in a Siemens PLM Software key specialized knowledge area
Solid knowledge of the specific business methods used by the Siemens EDA sales teams
Focuses on improving Siemens EDA sales teams results and adding value to their business
Increases the effectiveness of all members of the Siemens EDA sales teamsRequirements & Experience:
- BS/BA in Business Admin, Human Resources, training and development, organizational development, or a related field. If UK based, CIPD Level 5 or equivalent.
- Experience in providing L&D business partnering
- Experience in building and delivering training courses
- Ideally certified psychometrics trainer, such as Insights, MBTI, DiSC, C-me.
- Previous exposure in supporting a global sales organization
- Experience in working within a matrixed corporate environment
- Passion for supporting and understanding complex Go-To-Market sales & technical process training
- Ability to bring creativity to the position while striving for continuous improvement
- Capable of exercising sound judgment that instills confidence
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; courage to speak your mind
- Meticulous attention-to-detail
- Technical aptitude - Ability to quickly learn new systems
- Ability to adapt to internal policies/processes/procedures and the changing direction of a task/project
- Outgoing, professional, and articulate; great internal customer and communications skill
- Ability to multitask, prioritize a variety of tasks and meet deadlines
- Must be reliable and heavily resourceful in solving issues
- Amiable, professional, and enjoys the daily interaction with peers and client groups; natural ability to
- form professional relationships with all levels and departments within the company
- Bias toward action; High tolerance for ambiguity; Work with little supervision
- Demonstrated ability to partner with other organizations to accomplish a goal
- Communications … there is a great deal of communications in the job … many short meetings to build consensus
- Skill and efficiency scheduling meetings … to gather feedback or confirm closure
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.