The Provisioning Systems team designs, builds and maintains a variety of business appellations for the Digital Industry Software divisions within Siemens. The senior full stack developer will work closely with the application owner, architect and developers to translate user stories into a detailed technical design and works with other developers to implement that design.
Duties and responsibilities
- The senior developer will be a lead developer, working on developing new functionality as well as overseeing and coaching of more junior developers.
- Helps the team to resolve technical challenges towards delivery high quality, highly innovative software solutions.
- Needs to be a flexible creative individual, quick to learn, quick to adapt new technology and always on the lookout to replace the mousetrap with some completely new that has not been thought of before.
- Apply incisive design and exceptional coding skill to knocking features off the products’ extensive and growing features list
- Leads periodic rapid refactoring that keep the application code fresh, flexible and reusable.
- Helps define team development and engineering best practices
- Uses architectural and design patterns including Layered, Microservices, Model View Controller (MVC), Creational, Structural and Behavioral.
- Uses responsive design techniques and strategies.
- Designs complex database models, agile development methods, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) on premise and in cloud.
- Develops and directs software testing and validation procedures, including test automation.
- Understanding of the software industry a plus.
Master’s degree in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field and 3 years of experience in software engineering OR Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field and 6 years progressive post baccalaureate experience in software engineering.
Required skill set includes extensive experience in analysis, design, build and documentation of custom Java responsive web applications. On the back end you have worked with Java 8+, frameworks like Spring, Spring boot, Hibernate, REST & SOAP API’s, libraries like Log4j, sl4j, Lombok, Swagger or RAML to define API’s, application server like Tomcat 9/10, build tools Maven & Gradle, CI/CD tools like Jenkins or Bamboo, RabbitMQ messaging or similar, Git or BitBucket source control, Oracle, MySQL and Redis databases, Test frameworks like Junit …. On the UI you worked with HTML5, CSS3, Angular 9, Ajax Calls from UI, Jasmine and Junit, Karma Test cases and Bootstrap 4, Angular Material, and Prime NG. You can use design tools like Embarcadero and Visio. In the cloud you have worked with Amazon S3 technologies
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (India) Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time