As the Polarion Application Support Engineer, you will support, configure and maintain Polarion (front and back end) as the central Requirements Engineering tool utilized within the SHS R&D organizations.
- Responsibility for day to day service operations within the area of requirement engineering tools, deliver components of standard IT services
- Provisioning of 2nd Level support for ALM RE applications like Polarion and Caliber as well as for interfaces to other Enterprise Applications like Azure DevOps, TeamCenter, Quality Center.
- Responsible for design & architecture of the Application, its installation, configuration, maintenance, version upgrades, and deploy fixes / patches in a regulated manner.
- Conduct complex technical evaluation and suggest proposed physical architectures along with detailed design.
- Driving technical issues to resolution: from qualifying the issue, to reproducing it and conducting an in-depth technical investigation along with vendor for Level 3 support, as applicable (being in touch with the customer and managing their expectations all along the way).
- Responsible for resolving all trouble-shooting issues, such as Clinet / server, Application / Database, Network, Storage, installation issues, and all-around Application usability, availability, performance, and scalability topics.
- Responsibility for access management as defined in OLA/SLA with business stakeholders
- Ensure day to day IT system availability, as well as application performance, and scalability.
- Support implementation of change requests
- Define, schedule, and communicate IT service changes/downtimes in alignment with the stakeholders
- User training, development of how-to’s, and continuous service process improvements.
- Support data migration from legacy Requirements engineering applications like Caliber, ReqPro to Polarion
- General administration (configuration, workflows, reports, templates, access, permissions, etc.)
- Updating template/project configurations, workflows, and work item meta data.
- Ensures compliance to Quality, Information Security and Data Privacy regulations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/MS in Information Technology, Business Informatics, Computer Science or related fields
- Service operation experience
- Knowledge of IT concepts, MS Windows based environments, architectures, and technical standards
- Experience with tiered-application architectures and client-server applications
- Experience with cloud/web/database components like Azure Services, Managed Databases, cloud native technologies (PaaS, SaaS, etc)
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Passionate about Customer Satisfaction and Continuous Improvements
- Experience using Polarion within a regulated industry (medical device, aerospace, financial, automotive, etc)
- Ability to act independently
- Self-starter who drives pro-actively activities which are in own area of responsibility
- Willingness to work in shift models covering different time zones
- Being available on-call for emergency situations
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Good experience with RE tools like Polarion and Caliber
- Experience in setting up and configuring brand new configurations of Polarion. Including configuration of work items, attributes, links and workflows
- Basic knowledge of Quality-, IT security- and ITSM-requirements
- Basic knowledge of ITIL processes
- Basic knowledge on software development methodologies
- Basic knowledge on data base architecture
· MSDN license for each developer with prepaid access to AZURE
· Free access to PLURALSIGHT – the WBT platform
· Team building program - 2 days adventure offsite meeting for all employees every year, Christmas party, extra budget for team building events
· Participation on world famous IT conferences like Microsoft IGNITE for best employees
· Wide project portfolio in healthcare domain and job rotation within company (Cybersecurity, Artificial Intelligence, Healthcare IT services, …)
· Training and development program (business and product trainings, e-learning, language courses, soft skills trainings,…)
· Health program (contracted wellness providers, sport centers, salary reimbursement in case of illness)
· Retention program (work anniversary, life anniversary, additional pension plan, employee loans)
· Family care program (subsidy for newborns, maternity leave, kindergardens, summer camps)
Basic wage component (gross) and other rewards : starting from 2000EUR brutto /month + VAR*
*We are required by law to disclose basic wage component (minimum salary) for the advertised positions. We carefully consider your professional qualifications and experience in our compensation package and/or when offering you other positions.
Our goal is to pay our employee's fairly, with regard to the market situation and we are ready to welcome high-quality candidates in our team.
Organization: Information Technology
Company: Siemens Healthcare s.r.o.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time