- You will be responsible for test design and its execution as per prescribed test strategy to ensure that software application complies with implicit and explicit requirements.
- Contribute to define the test strategy and testing roadmap plan.
- Support testing team during selection of test frameworks and tools appropriate to technology.
- Skills and vision to design and use tools for future digitalization products testing.
- Report on test progress and fault statistics/test status to appropriate Project Manager(s)
- Verify and validate the software application functions ensuring that applications & configuration are healthy. This includes reviewing, testing and maintaining releases for applications used in different substations and for different electrical equipment like Transformer, Bushing, Circuit Breaker, Gas Insulated Switchgear, Arc Suppression Coil, Gas Instrument Transformer etc. It also includes performing bug analysis, bug testing.
- Review user stories with relevant stake holders during refinement.
- Specify and execute test cases based on user stories and overall test strategy
- Report errors in bug tracking tool and track the issues to closure incl. support of defect investigation, validate defect fixes and analyze impact of fixes.
- Create test documentations including test specifications, impact testing and ensure product & process quality as per customer requirements and defined software development guidelines together with Test Manager/Test Lead.
- Create test reports including defect logging and test result logging, defect analysis, RCA, summary reports.
- Validate Technical documentation (e.g. Administrator’s Manuals, User guide)
- Support to developers / testers for analysis of bugs by making automation scripts.
- We need a B.E/B.Tech in Electrical/ Instrumentation and Control/ Electronics Engineering candidate with 4 to 6 years of experience in Engineering, commissioning and testing of Substation automation, Transmission products.
- Practical experience at project sites and engineering centers would be essential.
- Strong Domain knowledge on Substation and Transmission products Transformer, Bushing, Circuit Breaker, Gas Insulated Switchgear, Arc Suppression Coil, Gas Instrument Transformer etc. installation and operation is expected.
- Experience of features and functions in a Substation and Transmission products.
- Substation strong presentation and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong Analytical skills is desirable for customer ‘s bug handling.
- Experience on Siemens Transformer and different Substation equipment
- Good communication skill (oral and written), quick learner for new technologies.
- Working on Agile and knowledge of Agile.
- Experience on JIRA and Zephyr for Test management and defect tracking, AWS, IoT knowledge
- ISTQB Certification is preferred.
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time