Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship – Siemens Healthineers - Oxford
As one of the most innovative and influential players in medical devices, we offer ambitious students the chance to help shape the future of healthcare. Siemens Healthineers are looking for individuals to join our site in Oxford where we design and manufacture superconducting magnets for MRI systems. You’ll be joining our three and half-year programme in August 2021 and completing a Level 3 Advanced Engineering Apprenticeship Scheme. Over the course of your apprenticeship, you’ll gain skills through on the job and formal training at college.
- You will join one of our teams within Manufacturing Operations, which is responsible for the production of superconducting magnets.
- You will gain experience across all areas of production, but will develop specialist skills and knowledge within one area.
- You will report to one of our Cell Leaders and your training will be supervised by a qualified assessor.
We are looking for forward-thinking, inquisitive candidates that demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Enjoys collaborating and can work effectively in teams to find innovative solutions
- Be a confident communicator across all levels as well as take initiative for tasks
- Have an inquiring mind and be able to demonstrate your enthusiasm for working in healthcare
- You must be able to produce accurate work that is to strict specifications. An interest in ‘making things’ is essential.
- You can work independently, safely and responsibly; take ownership of challenges and ideas and are looking to develop your ability to drive and lead change
You must have:
- Or be working towards 4 GCSE’s at Grade 5 (C) or above which must include, Maths, English Language and Science.
- Studying towards the higher-level Maths GCSE, desirably obtaining a B or higher.
- Demonstrate your interest in activities outside of your school life e.g. Duke of Edinburgh, Scouts, Guides, sports teams etc.
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Training & development:
Training will be in the form of block release to college in the first year, followed by day release for the second & third year. During years 2 & 3 the apprentice will also gain onsite manufacturing experience. Prior to starting college, there will be the opportunity to gain experience and familiarity with our site and operations. Dependent on business requirements and the performance of the individual, there are opportunities to progress to NVQ Level 3 qualification and beyond, including Higher Education.
We offer a comprehensive rewards package which includes:
- An apprenticeship salary
- 26 days annual holiday
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Access to our flexible benefits including private healthcare, dental cover, and many more
- Generous pension contributions
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives and you will join a diverse network of graduate and early career professionals.
About Siemens Healthineers:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
In Oxford, Siemens Magnet Technology design and manufacture superconducting magnets for MRI systems. We are the global leader in our field, with 30% of the MRI systems around the world containing our superconducting magnets at the heart. Find further information about our products and services here.
Being part of our team:
Our success comes from our people – we are around 50,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries who are passionate about innovating the future of healthcare. You can hear directly from our current and past apprentices on our careers page.
Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens HC Ltd. MR Magnet Technology
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time