Medical Field Service Engineer – Laboratory Diagnostics
Do you want to contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers are recruiting a Medical Field Service Engineer in the Yorkshire area to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain a range of laboratory diagnostics equipment.
Our customer service and support differentiates Siemens Healthineers from the competition and this high standard and quality must be achieved through engineers developing strong relationships and addressing issues promptly and professionally. This is a field-based role with significant requirement to work at our healthcare provider customer sites and are interested in engineers in the Yorkshire region.
What are my responsibilities?
- Work in cooperation with the Support Centre to carry out service, maintenance, updates and installation of Siemens Healthineers products within your designated product range and assist under supervision with other products.
- When applicable provide out of hours technical service support and complete individual mandatory weekend working provision.
- Attend product training courses (in the UK and abroad) and work toward completion of Siemens Professional Certificate in order to build competence in providing technical assistance and support to customers.
- Identify any opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of team processes.
- Maintain good communications and team working with managers and colleagues across all levels.
- Escalate as appropriate situations where customer satisfaction is compromised, or contractual obligations are unlikely to be met.
- Understand and comply with Siemens work instructions, quality policy and codes of conduct policies and regulatory requirements at all times.
- Ensure material parts are processed in accordance with policy.
- Complete personal administration in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain all test equipment, tools and company property in good and working order.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- HNC/HND in an Electronics, Engineering and/or Bio-Chemistry discipline
- Field service experience from a medical, scientific and laboratory equipment industry desirable
- Applications from other industries and ex Armed Forces Engineers are encouraged if there is proven experience of testing, faut-finding, repairing, and maintaining high-value electronic equipment
- An interest and passion for working in healthcare and with medical equipment
- The ability to work both individually and in an established team
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to build strong relationships
- Strong IT, Microsoft Office and Networking Infrastructure skills
- You must hold a full UK driving license
What else do I need to know?
· This is a field-based role offering considerable independence.
· A flexible approach to travel is required, with the willingness to provide out of hours technical support and work scheduled weekends and evenings occasionally
· Attendance of training courses and technical seminars in the UK and abroad will also be required.
· To service the assigned area, engineers can expect to spend approximately 4 hours travelling each day.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, including our continued response to COVID-19, please explore our website.
- A competitive salary plus bonus
- Company car
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days holiday
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover
- Comprehensive product training and the opportunity to progress into more technical specialist roles
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time