Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Area Vice President, Service Sales
The Area Vice President is a field-travel based position with the overall responsibility to lead and manage the Service Sales business for the Northeast Zone, driving commitment and accountability within the respective zone sales teams to achieve /exceed sales goals. The AVP Service Sales role reports to the Zone VP, General Manager for Siemens Healthineers.
This is a key leadership role to generate revenue growth and foster a positive culture within the Service Sales organization. This individual must have strong forecasting methods and accuracy; and the ability to inspire others while managing complex customer accounts.
The Area Vice President will be responsible for ensuring the success of business goals within their area of responsibility. This will be achieved by managing the Zone Service Sales team, direct and indirect sales force on strategy, deployment of strategy, understanding the customer’s needs and creation of a value-proposition to the customer. This individual will be responsible for managing performance of the sales force and ensuring all direct sales employees are appropriately trained and competent to sale Siemens Healthineers products. Teams will be held accountable toward solution selling.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· In-depth knowledge of the Siemens value to the healthcare industry, focusing on Service
· Proven leadership capabilities to inspire and lead an organization
· Minimum of 5 years managing sales employees
· Ability to develop short-term (3-6 months) and long-term (2-3 yr) strategic sales plans
· Strong business and financial acumen: ability to manage contracts and solutions as a “win-win” for both the customer and Siemens
· Healthcare industry knowledge on trends and influences for our customer base
· Knowledge on how the Siemens story supports customers
· Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and how to tailor to our customer solutions, solid decision making capabilities
· Strong people management and people development capabilities (Holding people accountable and being a player-coach)
· Ability to manage and lead change
· Ability to be collaborative with Siemens Healthineers and provide appropriate levels of influencing to ensure our customers come first
· Management of sales activity and tracking of key sales actions (Funnel management, sales processes, coverage on critical accounts, compliance topics, etc.)
· Strong leadership that creates followership and development of succession planning within area of responsibilities
· Approach that balances the needs of our customers with the financial goals of the company
· Proven track record in a solution-selling environment
· High degree of business acumen to include standard competencies (financial, market positioning, healthcare industry, and customer)
· Experience with CRM tools and the ability to acclimate to a variety of IT tools
· Solution selling experience is required
· Able to travel and be in the field with team and customers 60% or more as needed
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· 7-10 years’ experience in a complex sales environment (Capital equipment, Medical, Devices, Service Contracts, etc.
· 10+ years managing sales employees
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.