The Smart Infrastructure DS Business Unit of Siemens is located near Raleigh, NC and is looking for highly qualified and energetic Engineers for its Motor Control Center (MCC) team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyze customer’s technical specifications regarding the application of Siemens MCC products along with associated protection and control systems and design appropriate product solutions to meet the customers’ expectations in cost-effective and timely manner
- Work independently and/or lead a project team to create all documents for customer approval and manufacturing of MCCs. Typical documents include:
- Electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Bills of material
- General specifications, layout drawings, and unit schedules
- Utilize COMPAS configurator software to prepare general specifications, layout drawings, unit schedules and bills of material with a high degree of accuracy.
- Utilize knowledge of various electrical CAD software packages to complete project work and drive efficiency with process improvements (Engineering Base is currently in use).
- Select special devices to function as required in assemblies and/or circuits. Determine proper method for applying, installing and wiring special devices as required.
- Be a technical project leader taking full ownership of the overall deliverables while guiding a team of junior engineers, designers and drafters.
- Provide factory support during the manufacture of your projects to ensure that the final deliverable is true to your design.
- Position requires ability to successfully interact with application engineering, project management, sales and customer to resolve technical issues.
- Be a subject matter expert, sharing knowledge of the product and process to help others on the team achieve their goals.
- Lead efforts to improve team processes and tools to drive up overall team efficiency.
- Understand that job descriptions change over time. You are expected to maintain competence, awareness, and compliance with your job.
- Assist in training MCC engineers as required.
- Treat all Siemens information and customer information in a confidential manner.
- Understand and efficiently use Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years of proven experience working with the design/configuration electrical power distribution products and systems. Preference given to experience with MCCs.
- 5+ years of Electrical CAD design/drafting experience with protection and control or engineering firms
- Demonstrated experience mentoring junior engineers with effective knowledge sharing techniques.
- Proven track record of innovative thinking and process improvement.
- Strong working knowledge of standard protection and control technologies used in low voltage power distribution products with proven ability to share this knowledge with others. This may include knowledge of industrial networking for automation such as Profinet or Profibus.
- Ability to analyze customer’s technical specifications regarding the application of protection and control systems and apply appropriate product solutions to meet the customers’ expectations in cost-effective and timely manner.
- Ability to read, understand and evaluate electrical schematics to identify errors or potential improvements.
- Experience working with and managing bills of material in an ERP or configurator system, preference given for experience with SAP.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done on time and with high quality.
- An ideal candidate is detailed orientated and able to embrace a culture of quality.
- Ability to multitask and manage large workloads and business demands
- Strong written, verbal, mathematical, and interpersonal skills.
- An ideal candidate is detailed orientated, process driven and able to embrace a culture of quality.
Considered a plus but not required:
- A Masters Degree in Engineering is a plus with extra consideration given if degree concentration is in the area of power systems.
- Proven ability to create, convert & modify drawings with AutoCAD Electrical, Promis.e or Engineering Base software. Preference given to experience with Engineering Base.
- Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL and NEMA standards for MCCs.
- Experience with electrical design for MCCs, preference given to experience with Siemens’ MCCs.
- Experience programming in VBA.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.