We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
We are looking for a motivated individual with a broad range of knowledge in environment, health and safety topics to support all aspects of Siemens Environment Health & Safety (EHS) program. The successful candidate would help our Mobility business to support execution of EHS initiatives and to meet the customer requirements while ensuring compliance with applicable environmental, occupational health and safety, workers’ compensation legislation across Canada including Siemens requirements.
- Develop, monitor, and support all aspects of the EHS program to ensure compliance with applicable provincial and other regulatory requirements.
- Support various aspects of new initiatives rolled out within Siemens EHS to meet company objectives.
- Champion the implementation and maintenance of Health, Safety, Environment programs to meet Ontario Certificate of Recognition (COR), ISO 45001 standard, as well as mandated customer / project requirements.
- Assist Project Managers on special projects and serve as the leading point of authority and/or resource for area of expertise.
- Develop specialized project safety plans, policies, job safety analysis, safe work practices, conduct hazard / risk assessments, incident investigation as required.
- Provide support and ensure all employees and contractors comply with established EHS policies and programs.
- Monitor legislative updates and update EHS program as required to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Assist in incident investigations and monitor corrective actions for effective implementation.
- Plan and execute both internal and external audits as required.
- Monitor, track and report on EHS program and customer KPIs implement initiatives to address trends.
- Collaborate with all levels of organization and assist in executing and promoting companies EHS program.
- Travel to the various customer/project sites for project meetings, audits and incident management as required.
- Liaise with Canada EHS Team and provide support on ongoing company initiatives.
- Ability to learn and work in high pace environment
What will you need to succeed?
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Occupational, Health and Safety role in area of: construction, transportation, or industrial sector.
- Graduate of an Environmental Health Safety program at a recognized College or University or industry recognized program.
- Expertise in Ontario Certificate of Recognition (COR) program requirements and COR auditor.
- NCSO and/or CRSP designation.
- Well versed in Ontario, Alberta, Quebec and other provincial occupational health and safety and workers’ compensation Legislation and Regulations.
- Candidates must have excellent organizational and communication skills (both oral and written), customer focus, and agility.
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced skills to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently and displays a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of EHS Management Systems including ISO 45001, 14001.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate options, solutions, and exercise judgment in making sound decisions.
- Expertise in the area of incident investigations, root cause analysis, workplace inspections, hazard analysis, risk assessment, safe work practice or job safety analysis development, employee relations.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and other software tools.
- Valid driver’s license mandatory.
- Bilingual English/French preferred.
- Travel to project sites across Canada.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
Siemens Mobility is the global market leader for mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and ecofriendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people around the globe. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers unrivaled value-added in the rail sector. Our intelligent mobility solutions increase the availability of infrastructure, optimize throughput and create a new quality of passenger experience. We call this Ingenuity for Life.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.