Who are we ?
We at Siemens Mobility are committed to helping our customers globally to succeed in today’s dynamic environment. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers and ultimately for mankind. While we are invested in engineering excellence – leading-edge transportation technologies and services – we don’t stop there. We are also deeply invested in our worldwide employees with the hearts of pioneers and minds of engineers, highly committed and connected in this industry.
Today, Siemens Mobility in Saudi Arabia is looking to hire a Cable Transmission Network Expert to join our team in Riyadh.
Overall responsibility :
The COM lot of the BACS Riyadh Metro Project consists of Access Control, Intrusion Detection, CCTV, Telephony/InterCom, TETRA radio and LAN/WAN systems. The Cable Transmission Network CTN includes beside the LAN/WAN systems also the underlying passive cable infrastructure (fibre optic and Ethernet cables). The CTN Engineer is in charge of the onshore validation and verification of the CTN system installed and tested on site in Riyadh based on the design and documentation provided by the offshore headquarter and equipment supplier. Must be a technical Expert in IP-MPLS network topology.
What are my responsibilities ?
- Testing support and validation of
- Core and Edge routers as well as Access switches,
- CTN servers (AAA, DHCP, DNS)
- Firewalls and Firewall settings
- WLAN system in depots and metro stations
- CTN part of Operation Control Centre OCC
- Fiber optic passive cable infrastructure (Cables, Splicing boxes, Optical Distribution Panels etc.) including cable measurements performed by installers also for dark fibers provided for third parties
- Ethernet passive cable infrastructure (Cables, patch panels, etc.) including cable measurements performed by installers
- Contribution to COM documentation (test documents, As-Built documents, etc.) therefore experience with MS Office tools is mandatory
- Support of the Installation supervision on site – indoor and outdoor
What do I need to qualify for this job ?
- Degree in Information Technology from a reputable college or university
- Relevant professional experience in designing, planning and dimensioning large WAN (Backbone), LAN (Access) and also WLAN networks preferable also from railway projects.
- Relevant professional experience in creating installation documentation to be used by other parties for WAN, LAN and WLAN networks.
- Relevant customer onsite professional experience using design and installation documents to install, configure, test and validate WAN, LAN and WLAN networks.
- Cisco, Juniper and/or Nokia/Alcatel-Lucent certification would be an advantage
- Deep knowledge of L3 routing protocols, L2 Switching protocols, Ethernet and IP-MPLS, WLAN (802.11) a must
- The above experience with the Alcatel-Lucent and/or Cisco network equipments such as routers, switches and WiFi will be preferable.
- Good knowledge of network security for WAN, LAN and WLAN networks with professional experience to configure, test and validate the designed security network features for routers, switches and WiFi network equipment, e.g. port security with 802.1X, Radius, ARP anti-spoofing, WPA2-Enterprise with EAP-TLS and EAP-MD5 and EAP-PEAP/MSCHAPV2
- Reconfiguration and adaptation of Router, Switch, Firewall and Server configuration with support by the equipment supplier
- Team spirit approach and good communication skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation and organizational skills.
- Team-oriented, proactive with good communication and interpersonal skills
What else do you need to know ?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need skilled and dedicated professionals to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Mobility world of Siemens Saudi Arabia here: https://www.mobility.siemens.com/sa/en.html
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Saudi Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time