Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens!
We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further. We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Infrastructure Division as a Contracts Manager and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow!
This opportunity as Senior Contract & Claim Management Professional in our Milan offices will require the ability and take full responsibility of contract risk evaluation and preparation, and management of project contract claims (Claim Management). You will ensure timely and efficient resolution starting with analysis and evaluation until contract closure and upon fulfillment of all contractual obligations.
Change the future with us
· Key focal point and owner for all activities carried out within the contract package
· Manage all day to day commercial and contractual issues
· Management of claims to Client, Contractors and from Suppliers
· Ensure mitigation of risks
· Coordinate interfaces with Contract and Planning Manager of Client
· Assist in the resolution of supplier technical queries
· Technical review/comment of supplier deliverables
· Determination as to whether a change shall be considered as a Variation
· Preparing the financial aspect of the Variation Negotiation with Commercial
· Drafting the claims relative to Variation
· Gathering the necessary documentation for a claim Extension of Time or for the initial technical proposal
· Liaise with schedulers in view of gathering the appropriate argumentation for an Extension of Time claim
· Drafting the Extension of Time claim in close cooperation with Project Manager
· Provide clear contractual analysis and advice to project team on matters concerning contractual obligations, contract risk, and claim management in collaboration with legal department.
· Review incoming correspondence prior to issue to the client, and draft official correspondence.
· Monitor claim-relevant events within project execution
· Keep claim-relevant records, and establish and conduct claim tracking and reporting
· Compile claim documentation / claim defense documentation
· Provide support to the Project Managers and Financial Project Manager for contractual issues
· Provide support to the Procurement Department in negotiation of Subcontracts and Purchase Orders.
· Collaboration in preparation of Project Completion Report and summarizing lessons learnt for feedback to the organization relevant to Contract Management
· Provide support for LOA (Limit of Authority) process implementation
What you need to make real what matters
· Proven professional experience in contracting and subcontracting experience (Electrical, Mechanical, Plumb and Civil contracts)
· 2+ years Energy Performance Contract
· Strong understanding of the risks of the contract(s) and the potential legal and financial consequences associated therewith.
· Experience in Project Execution including site activities
· Management Engineering Master’s degree level, full marks
· Excellent knowledge of Italian Commercial, Civil and Public Procurement Law (legal environment, taxation, etc) in Italian Multinationals or Multinational Branches based in Italy.
· Excellent knowledge of general contractual standards
· Experience of risk appraisal and claims management for projects
· Experience working on major complex projects
· Analytical skills
· Use of independent judgment and creativity in resolution of contract/ claim issues
· Excellent internal and external negotiation skills
· Influencing and communication skills
· Proficient in Italian and English, German would be a plus
What else do I need to know?
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
For further information about Siemens Italia please go to: www.siemens.it
NOTE: For the new GDPR we manage only online applications (in English) and we don’t accept CVs by mail.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.p.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time