Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role
The responsibility includes investigation to increase Gas turbine fuel flexibility capability to further expand the usage of green fuels. The most challenging green fuel for dry low emission combustion is hydrogen and hydrogen enriched fuels due to its high reactivity moving the flame upstream causing risk of excessive heat load on the burner. The burners and the flames are a central part of a gas turbine and they are utterly important to minimize the combustion dynamics and emission levels, as well as maximizing the fuel flexibility and optimizing lifetime of the structure. Therefore, it is important to improve our combustion prediction of hydrogen enriched fuels and perform model calibration to measurement data as part of this role.
In the development process we use network models (one dimensional inhouse code), Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), acoustic simulations, water tests, atmospheric and high-pressure combustion tests, and gas turbine engine tests.
The goal of this role is to enhance our knowledge for studying the performance of numerical simulations of hydrogen enriched and other green liquid fuels for combustion and evaluate the results either to already performed combustion tests or development projects.
In the near future once you grasped the concept you will also be involved to supporting the existing fleet where you will learn more about the engine behaviors in conjunction with the theory you have already developed.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Mechanical engineer with more than 6 years of experience in design and product development of turbo machinery i.e. Gas turbine, Steam turbine components.
• Graduate/post graduate degree holder from recognized college/university, preferably higher educated level Phd in computational fluid dynamic and has passed some advanced courses in acoustic
• Good knowledge about mass flow balance, total pressure, energy fluxes & heat transfer
• Good understanding about Chemical reaction progress inside the Combustion system
• Working knowledge & experience of STAR CCM+ software; ability to investigate the results and propose improvement of the system
• Good knowledge of treatment of 1-D acoustic and implementation in the commercial software
• Interested in Gas turbines, combustion, and numerical simulations field
• Willing to learn and try out new methods based on one dimensional inhouse code and
• Strong interpersonal skill i.e. team player, quick learner, imaginative, innovative,
• Ability to adapt quickly & effectively etc.
• Good communication skill in English both verbal and written
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time