IT Architect - Virtualization (f/m/d)
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
Knowledge for the world of tomorrow.
We from Siemens Digital Industries (DI) are innovation leaders in automation and digitalization. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies.
Change the future with us.
• You are in charge of handling and maintaining our landscape of VMware infrastructure.
• Out of several other tasks, main job responsibilities are as follows:
• To design, install, and coordinate virtualization (VMware and Hyper-V) products.
• Regular support of VMware and windows environment by resolving the escalated tickets for the Siemens-internal customer.
• Identify and implement the rectified operational issues.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
• University degree in computer science, IT, electronics with cloud computing or a related field.
• You will also need to have in-depth knowledge of the VMware server (i.e. ESX/ESXi) landscape and related technologies: Experience in VMware ESX Enterprise administration is an obligatory requirement.
• Ideally VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX) certification
• Additionally, you have practical working experience in IaaC/SW-automation (ideally vRealize, PowerShell, Terraform and Ansible) and you know your way around RESTful APIs.
• In-Depth experiences with Microsoft Server Infrastructure and architecture are an advantageous skill, just as experiences with Public Cloud (AWS or Azure) and/or Hybrid Cloud technologies.
• A strong analytical powered by troubleshoot approach will give the advantage to perform in this field.
• Finally, you have highly effective networking and collaboration skills as well as you are business fluent command of English – German is a plus
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
Make real what matters. At Siemens, everyone can bring their whole self to work. This is why we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds