Product Manufacturing Engineer
1 x 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
1 x Permanent Contract
Siemens Digital Industries in Congleton is a World Class facility, responsible for designing, manufacturing, and servicing inverter drives for the global industrial market. The factory is undertaking an ambitious digital transformation, to help increase competitiveness and productivity through the delivery of more innovative products and services to our customers. Our award-winning range of inverters are an integral part of our customers drive to reduce environmental impact whilst maximising performance in a reliable, sustainable, and efficient manner.
This role is for a candidate who is an ambitious, hardworking, self-motivated, team player. Someone who has the desire to enhance, develop, and manage new and existing products within the manufacturing facility, whilst adhering to HSE, and company standards.
As a Product Manufacturing Engineer, you will be:
• Working side by side with both experienced and trainee engineers in a fast paced and innovative production environment, supporting the full product range and helping deliver exciting new manufacturing technologies.
• Delivering short- and long-term projects and manage cross-functional project teams from initial conception to production handover and manufacturing release.
• Generating product manufacturing specification documents to ensure all aspects of the process are defined when designing, developing, improving and/or implementing products.
• Support site activities and initiatives helping Congleton to become a more diverse and more importantly an inclusive workplace.
What are we looking for?
• A proven knowledge of product development, processes, and theories – Design for Manufacture, Design for Assembly, Design for Automation.
• Experience of product change management and seamless introduction into the manufacturing facility
• A pro-active attitude towards sustaining and improving manufacturing equipment, and system performance, to deliver on flexible manufacturing demands.
• Ability to generate relevant business justifications for approval of new capital equipment, spares, refurbishment, and services.
• Deliver all aspects of product manufacturing systems and equipment whilst adhering to HSE (Health, Safety and Environment).
• Generation of relevant justifications for approval of new capital equipment, spares, refurbishments and services.
• Health & Safety and consider this to be the most important responsibility – both personal safety and incorporation of process safety into the application.
• The identification and delivery of improvements in quality, cost and delivery through design change, product/process development and implementation of automation.
• A willingness to work with others as part of a team to facilitate world class product manufacturing processes.
What’s required for the role?
• An aptitude to learn how things work, take necessary steps to troubleshoot, and take a hands-on, logical approach to solving problems.
• Experience working within Manufacturing / Production Engineering role
• Product documentation and equipment lifecycle management
• Familiar with LEAN methodology and ability to apply lean tools to a product assembly activity
• Experience working with external suppliers, SLA’s
• Ability to work in a fully virtual environment
• Software – Teamcenter knowledge advantageous.
• Hold a minimum of HND/HNC within a relevant engineering discipline.
• Experience of Product Assembly & Packing or similar transferable skills.
• Must feel comfortable working in a fully virtual environment.
• Control experience - Siemens TIA is advantageous.
• Affiliated with a Professional Institute or working towards recognised status
Closing Date: 10th March 2021