Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Let's make the difference together!
Join our team as “Finite Element Framework Developer(m/f/d) in Nuremberg, Germany.
The Simcenter STAR-CCM+ team is seeking a motivated developer to contribute to the development of the Simcenter STAR-CCM+ finite element framework, which serves as a foundation for all the finite element-based physics in the Simcenter STAR-CCM+ multi-physics environment.
The finite element framework represents a relatively new development in a traditionally finite volume centric code which means new challenges, frequent enhancement and re-architecture of established components.
Your area of responsibility - exciting and with a view into the future
You will have an opportunity to contribute across the whole pipeline from discretization to linear solver and postprocessing.
The primary focus of the framework developer is to provide abstraction layers, allowing physics developers to rapidly contribute physics modeling code without explicitly considering details of the computer architecture, parallel implementation and memory layouts.
- Design and development of abstraction layer for finite element discretization
- Design and development of mechanisms for pluggable linear solver architecture including flexible preconditioning and solution schemes
- Finite element specific enhancements of the Simcenter STAR-CCM+ post-processing framework including support for higher order elements
- Development of parallelization scheme, performance benchmarking and code optimization including
- SIMD vectorization of new and existing algorithms
- Effective parallelization of finite element discretization and linear solution
- Hybrid shared memory / distributed memory parallelization schemes
- Extensions to heterogenous platform support including GPUs
- Validation, debugging and close cooperation with quality assurance and customer support teams including responsibility for customer reported defect identification and correction
- Working as a part of large, geographically distributed software development team, applying Agile development processes and methodology
Your qualifications - validated and adequate
- Masters, PhD or equivalent degree in mechanical engineering, applied math or computer science with focus on finite element methods
- Proven strong C++ development skills
- Experience in large-scale software development
- Demonstrated knowledge of algorithms and techniques used in finite element simulations
- Good working knowledge of linear solver methods
- Excellent communication skills
- Good working knowledge of parallel programming both in distributed and shared memory
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, we drive the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate ground breaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
careers-DACH.firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like to clarify initial questions with our recruiting team. Contact person for this job advertisement is Mr. Markus Kies.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time