We are currently looking for a Rolling Stock Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. You will provide engineering leadership, supporting train systems as part of the Central Engineering Team to achieve effective fleet performance and life cycle costs throughout the Rolling Stock business.
This role can be based at any of our Rolling Stock depots UK wide.
What are your responsibilities?
- Undertake investigations of local and multi-fleet engineering issues
- Mitigate associated engineering risks related to safety and technical issues ensuring no additional risks are imported to the operational railway
- Lead investigations into Safety Related Defects / Technical Incidents
- Develop modification procedures required to improve safety and performance issues
- Provide engineering expertise to support the development of maintenance optimization, component overhaul and repair regimes. Utilizing standard engineering tools e.g. RAMS
- Production of specifications for engineering activities
- Production of risk assessments and business cases to support engineering recommendations as required
- Undertake component condition assessments to support the development and improvement of rolling stock maintenance regimes
- Produce recommendations for re-engineering and repair processes as applicable
- Monitor industry practices to identify processes, maintenance and material changes that will improve rolling stock performance and achieve business objectives
- Provision of on-site technical support to key suppliers in support of on-going activities
What experience do you need to apply for the role?
- Proven experience of rolling stock maintenance, planning and IT systems
- Relevant Engineering qualification or equivalent experience
- Good communication skills written & oral
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software
- Experience of Rail Vehicle maintenance and repair activities
- Chartered Engineer or working towards chartered status
- Experience with reverse engineering to find alternative suppliers for components, making use of limited information and drawings
- In-depth knowledge of Rolling Stock Maintenance techniques and procedures
- Mechanical and Electrical based system knowledge
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time