- The factory automation field service engineer position will provide Siemens support to automotive manufacturing tier 1 suppliers that utilizes Siemens Factory Automation products in various manufacturing processes and material handling systems.
- Position will be based in the Southeast region of the US, specifically SC, GA, TN, AL
- Home location base is flexible within the region.
- Candidate would be trained and developed to support automotive suppliers and OEMs that utilize Siemens factory automation equipment. Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) Systems including Safety PLCs, I/O, & field devices, ProfiBus & ProfiNet communication protocols, visualization HMI & OP, RFID, and low voltage variable speed drives.
- Additional training will be provided for automotive customer’s core software standards of program structure, blocks & calls, data, sequencers, etc.
- Candidate should display a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
- Position will require effective communications skills, both internal and external. Candidate will be interfacing with customer contacts at different functioning levels within their organization, essentially Siemens face to the customer.
- The field service engineer will travel upwards of 50% of the time to customer sites within the Southeast US. Occasionally to other regions of the US. Other time will be spent with remote support for customer sites and internal Siemens business. Some weekend and after regular hours will be required.
- Position will require submitting job reports covering daily activities.
- This position will be a part of Siemens Digital Industries, Customer Services Business Unit and will report to the Siemens Customer Services Resource Manager
- Attend and complete Siemens annual safety training and execute all activities in a safe manner while following all customer site and Siemens safety guidelines/policies.
- Site support for Siemens Factory Automation and to support customer in the use of Siemens hardware, software, engineering, commissioning, product support and service needs.
- Leading up to responsibilities to support customer and OEMs for issues with PLC/HMI code development, code installation, debug on job site, and commissioning systems.
- Active support role in the creation of new automated systems and upgrades as well as the optimizing of existing systems.
- Provide Siemens support by means of customer training and assistance to resolve issues and challenges, drawing on a large Siemens support network.
- Provide on-site technical and operational support when required.
- Root cause analysis of complex technical problems.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 1 to 3 years of proficiency with electrical automation, PLC's, and low voltage drives.
- The ability to read and understand electrical plans, specifications, and schematics.
- Hands on knowledge and ability to use electrical measurement equipment including multimeters, meggers, and oscilloscopes.
- Must possess and maintain a valid US Driver’s license in good standing.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule (nights and weekends, as needed)
- Upwards of 50% Travel required
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with Siemens Simatic PLCs and HMIs (Siemens Step 7, TIA Portal, WinCC) and Siemens Sinamics VFDs is preferred.
- Experience in automotive industry assembly systems is preferred.
- German language skills are a plus
- Programming Personal Safety equipment (i.e. Sick PLS) is a plus.
- MS-Office Applications: Excel, Word, MS-Project
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.