Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Are you ready to be part of a team of highly motivated and talented building technology engineers, building products and applications that will help to efficiently operate buildings, reduce energy consumption and provide information to proactively service building equipment? As an Application Engineer at Siemens Building Products, you will participate within interdisciplinary teams to enhance and develop products for the commercial HVAC market. You will be responsible for developing control algorithms for Building Automation Systems and applying or tailoring Siemens products to satisfy customer needs.
- Design, implement, and evaluate complex control system applications for building automation.
- Develop automated tests and platforms for verifying application functionality using appropriate programming languages.
- Create and review technical documentation to support internal process and external customers.
- Lead resolution of field problems in application of existing products.
- Explore design alternatives via prototyping, peer programming and expert reviews.
- Recommend alternatives or changes to customer specifications and processes to better match Siemens products to customer needs and to improve productivity.
- Collaborate in international, multi-site development in an agile environment
- Comply with current Siemens development processes.
- Research, track and contribute to emerging industry standards related to building energy efficiency and automation
- Some travel required (~10%).
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or advanced degree where required.
- Demonstrated capability to develop control algorithms using both block and procedural programming methodologies.
- Experience and/or willingness to learn building systems (HVAC, Fire, Security, Lighting) and sub-systems (Chillers, AHUs, PLCs, etc.).
- Good communication and presentation skills(written/oral/graphical)
- Detail oriented
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive flex vacation, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.